• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 November 17 - 18 Comics Signature Auction - Beverely Hills

462 posts in this topic

Couple'a times I've thought why not get an artist to add colors but on an overlay sheet. Was thinking of getting Stan Goldberg to do it for a cover which he'd actually coloredm originally. But of course he's gone now. But there's probably some good artists who are great at coloring who might do it for a reasonable price and you still have the original as it was.

Major Ditko ASM splash is going to be in this auction. Should show up on the site in the next week or so...

Anybody have a scan of the 27 splash while we wait ?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/steve-ditko-amazing-spider-man-27-splash-page-1-original-art-marvel-1965-/p/7141-147001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Why are you apologizing? (tsk) Adkins run on Strange Tales/Dr. Strange is amazing, if you have every soon one in person, they are even better. :cloud9:

I go for image first too, but the market tends to bifurcate values with a bright line between large and small. So while one image might be better I'd wager the market will have it sell for a premium amongst like era covers.

You know how I love when you use the fancy words. :baiting:

Major Ditko ASM splash is going to be in this auction. Should show up on the site in the next week or so...

Anybody have a scan of the 27 splash while we wait ?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/steve-ditko-amazing-spider-man-27-splash-page-1-original-art-marvel-1965-/p/7141-147001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Oh man that is killer!

I go for image first too, but the market tends to bifurcate values with a bright line between large and small. So while one image might be better I'd wager the market will have it sell for a premium amongst like era covers.

You know how I love when you use the fancy words. :baiting:

:blush: