• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting the 6 variants of Batman 457 (1st Tim Drake ROBIN)
8 8

511 posts in this topic

I didn't take pics, but I saw a slab of a superman 50 2nd print newsstand at a local show last weekend. JPs shows here in NJ, (pug productions here on the boards). 9.8 and he wanted $1750.00 Offered the price unsolicited when I pulled the slab out, ran right over. (He also has a Scooby Doo 1 cgc 7.0). Good books almost always but some sticker shock, at least to me.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:36 AM, bffnut said:

As I think there is general interest here in these things, I decided to auction my copy on eBay (CGC 9.0). It ends tomorrow, if you care to watch what it does.

Not a bad price :)

Yours is the first to sell since I sold mine over a month ago lol.  I see someone sold one for $50, listed as newstand 2nd print, but it seems to be missing the banner...  odd that.

10 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

You got me digging in the thread. Pretty interesting about the sears sticker. I found my copy in California if you guys are still keeping track.

Yeah. There has been a lot of talk about various ways these made it to the public as a 2nd print Newsstand.  One of the speculations is through the Sears catalog and could also shed light on why some have Sears stickers as maybe the stores had either returns or stocked some of these and sold individually.  Although only a few have turned up with Sears stickers  and no one yet has a sealed Sears set that they documented and opened showing they could be found in those.  Unlike the Robin 1 2nd print Newsstand thathas now been found in a few sealed comic packs .  It would be amazing if we could actually nail down some of the ways these were actually distributed. 

21 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

You got me digging in the thread. Pretty interesting about the sears sticker. I found my copy in California if you guys are still keeping track.

Yah got mine in Washington with the sticker.  But mine was $1, now 50cents, and the one just posted was 50cents, now 25cents.  

Someone got a deal!

On 6/10/2020 at 7:51 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yeah. There has been a lot of talk about various ways these made it to the public as a 2nd print Newsstand.  One of the speculations is through the Sears catalog and could also shed light on why some have Sears stickers as maybe the stores had either returns or stocked some of these and sold individually.  Although only a few have turned up with Sears stickers  and no one yet has a sealed Sears set that they documented and opened showing they could be found in those.  Unlike the Robin 1 2nd print Newsstand thathas now been found in a few sealed comic packs .  It would be amazing if we could actually nail down some of the ways these were actually distributed. 

I grabbed these today that also had the sears stickers. 415 is a 5th print

AD7D54A0-F849-4C6E-AA6F-6C28C0311338.jpeg

On 6/10/2020 at 10:51 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I think this the Batman 457 2nd print news and Superman 50 2nd print news are the only DC Batman and Superman variants for which I do not know the origin.  Would love to find out someday.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:54 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I grabbed these today that also had the sears stickers. 415 is a 5th print

AD7D54A0-F849-4C6E-AA6F-6C28C0311338.jpeg

I know I got a reprinted 415 in a reprint pack at Kmart in 92ish.   

Wish I had kept it.  Threw out all my DC reprints like 2 years ago when I got back into comics.  Cause, you know, reprints are worthless.