• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting the 6 variants of Batman 457 (1st Tim Drake ROBIN)
8 8

511 posts in this topic

Found an auction up for a 2nd print newsstand...this is the first without a buyitnow so should be interesting. I wonder if it's a boardie and if it's one of the 10 known copies or an 11th.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302194508014

UPDATE: Seems like it is indeed one of the 10 known copies and not an 11th - the seller's copy is featured in this 2015 article; http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/07/15/the-six-variants-of-batman-457/

Holy....$434.....ungraded

1CFB5B62-458E-45A0-91BA-7E5CDD3BB485.jpeg

well, thanks again to the cgc boardies! I pulled a 457 out of some comics I was listing on ebay and sure enough, 000 error version. So I pulled it and put it aside for the eventual 457 set! w00t s00t! :cool:

1 hour ago, Chadwick said:

Is the direct 000 considered rare?

Not really, but in a sense it's the true 1st printing of this book. Maybe it will be prized one day if this particular issue becomes sought after (like if Tim makes it into the movies).

I was confused with this initial posting until I watched the video. The OP wrote "456" in the title stating this was a version, whereas I guess it was a typo and should read 457.

Argh, this posted 3 times. I don't see a delete. I'm going to try and hide the other two.

Edited by Philflound

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

I was confused with this initial posting until I watched the video. The OP wrote "456" in the title stating this was a version, whereas I guess it was a typo and should read 457.

Argh, this posted 3 times. I don't see a delete. I'm going to try and hide the other two.

Oh I see now, in the graphic...

IMG_4194.PNG

Someone on eBay just incorrectly listed a 2nd print direct market as ultra-rare with only 4 copies. I messaged him that it's missing the barcode, let's see if he updates the listing.

Hard not to believe he's trying to be sneaky since a simple search on eBay brings up 17 copies of this book.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122360047462

IMG_4281.PNG

IMG_4282.PNG

Edited by Carl Elvis

3 hours ago, WhiteKnight1869 said:

Found this in my collection. It has the same black marker wipe across the bar code, but I think it's different. Mine covers the 11, the other one goes over the December if I recall/

Tyx1dzY.jpgkdDUIqX.jpg

Hi WK, glad you found us, I saw your post on CBSI. 

Yes that's one of the rare copies you have, the 11th known copy. I believe it's at least the third to have the barcode struck out with a marker. 

So your copy came in a mystery box? Interesting. Any chance the seller was from Florida? Seems like most copies are originating from there.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, Carl Elvis said:

All 3 of the marker issues together. Looks like they are crossed out in the same area.

IMG_4296.PNG

Mine, in the middle, is the ultra-rare "Fine Sharpie" variant though!! Only 1 known copy... :wink:

56 minutes ago, JWKyle said:

Carl a board member of another site linked your graded Ebay listing. I checked my copy looks like a dozen now.

Batman 457 sm.jpg

Nice to see a 12th, these are like Doctor Whos now lol.

Any idea where it originated? A few have come from Florida.

Edited by Carl Elvis

39 minutes ago, Carl Elvis said:

Nice to see a 12th, these are like Doctor Whos now lol.

Any idea where it originated? A few have come from Florida.

I'm in California and I actually don't remember when I bought the book. I'm sure i didn't buy it for any other reason then to have a Batman 457 in my run.  I buy stuff on the boards ,Ebay , online dealers , local shows and shops so it could have come from anywhere.