• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting the 6 variants of Batman 457 (1st Tim Drake ROBIN)
8 8

511 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You asked me to stop and thus I did after I made my case. Just as I said.

"I did stop...until I had more to say. But then I stopped! Really!"

I don't think anyone's buying that, based on the last several posts. Good try, though.

12 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I don't think anyone's buying that, based on the last several posts. Good try, though.

I respond fairly timely to your posts. I've made other posts in other threads during that time.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I respond fairly timely to your posts. I've made other posts in other threads during that time.

I think you've missed the point again. Like I said, when you're willing to engage in good faith discussions with others, there are a lot of people here who would be happy to do so with you, including me. 

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I think you've missed the point again. Like I said, when you're willing to engage in good faith discussions with others, there are a lot of people here who would be happy to do so with you, including me. 

It's a shame. You have a lot of good knowledge to share, but lack in the conversation part.

Just now, ygogolak said:

It's a shame. You have a lot of good knowledge to share, but lack in the conversation part.

Again: "I know you are, but what am I?" is not a valid counterargument. Are we going to continue this until the thread gets locked...? I'd prefer not.

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Here is the original cover art to the book, I now need to make a mental note to look through my copies.  This was one of those books that I bought every time I saw a nice copy.

batman457adjust.jpg

Interesting, the final cover doesn’t have Bats saying “R-Robin?!”.

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yowza! $245, by a late entry! 

That's pretty amazing, all things considered. We'll see if this causes more copies to surface.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/163133148040?item=163133148040&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

The guy who pushed it that high retracted a bid in this auction after inching it higher.  I also see he has retracted a handful of times (4) in the last six months, as has the 3377 bidder :baiting: 5 in 6 months (shrug)

Garbage data from ebay once again due to shenanigans.  If I won that I'd tell the seller, no thanks and suggest he second chance it to the shill bidder or offer to still buy it for one bid increment over the $200 bid.

Edited by bababooey
clarity

5 hours ago, bababooey said:

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/163133148040?item=163133148040&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

The guy who pushed it that high retracted a bid in this auction after inching it higher.  I also see he has retracted a handful of times (4) in the last six months, as has the 3377 bidder :baiting: 5 in 6 months (shrug)

Garbage data from ebay once again due to shenanigans.  If I won that I'd tell the seller, no thanks and suggest he second chance it to the shill bidder or offer to still buy it for one bid increment over the $200 bid.

I'm the seller and I'm not quite sure what is going to happen here.  I will let you know how it comes out. 

regards,

Kirk

5 hours ago, bababooey said:

Thanks for pointing this out.   Dumb question... how can you tell these other bidders have re-tracted in the past?  I just looked up their feedback rating and I can't see anything about retractions.

What I find interesting is this, he's bid 151 times on 94 items in the last 30-days, yet only has a feedback of 28? hm

Bidder Information
Bidder: s.gife***cs.gif( 28Feedback score is 10 to 49) s.gif
Item description: s.gifRobin #1 2nd printing newsstand; counterpart to Batman 457 2nd print newsstand
Bids on this item: s.gif18
s.gif
30-Day Summary
Total bids: s.gif151
Items bid on: s.gif94
Bid activity (%) with this seller: s.gif13% s.gifHelp
Bid retractions: s.gif1
Bid retractions (6 months): s.gif4

19 hours ago, bababooey said:

I'm the "3377" bidder, but you knew that. Where do you see a bid retraction in this listing, hmmmm? 

This isn't "garbage data." Bid retractions can happen for a number of legitimate reasons, not just to "expose" a high bid (which DID NOT happen in this listing.)

Yes, I have 5 bid retractions in the last six months.

Care to guess how many bids I've made, or how many listings I've bid on, in the last 6 months....?

The second high bidder has made 151 bids, on 94 DIFFERENT ITEMS, in the last 30 days...but you see 4 retractions in SIX MONTHS, and you see red flags...?

Do you know what "shill bidding" is...? Because, from your use here, it looks like you do not. Do you realize that you're accusing the seller of fraudulently manipulating his own auction...?

Perhaps your moral compass is wound a bit too tight...

Edited by RockMyAmadeus