• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting the 6 variants of Batman 457 (1st Tim Drake ROBIN)
8 8

511 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PhantomEwan said:

So here is one on EBay, but I might recommend buyer beware.  Sent the seller a message but he ignored me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-457-CGC-8-0-Extremely-Rare-2nd-Print-Newsstand-Version-HIGH-GRADE/353164337380?hash=item523a3c20e4:g:2TsAAOSwIqdfLkkc

Must have tried to explain that this is not a 2nd print or a newsstand.  Ignore just means he is probably aware and is hopeful that someone who doesn't understand will bite.

10 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Must have tried to explain that this is not a 2nd print or a newsstand.  Ignore just means he is probably aware and is hopeful that someone who doesn't understand will bite.

Feedback rating of 0 is always a big warning sign to me.

5 hours ago, Cpt Kirk said:

Feedback rating of 0 is always a big warning sign to me.

I do tend to agree with this, although we all started somewhere, and with PayPal and a credit card , usually you can at least get your money back if it was a scam. That said I do message the sellers to see if they communicate and base it off the interaction. In this case definitely not something I would be after as it is clearly someone trying for quick buck. Guess they do not know that usually with 0 feedback paypal doesn't release the money right away.

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I do tend to agree with this, although we all started somewhere, and with PayPal and a credit card , usually you can at least get your money back if it was a scam. That said I do message the sellers to see if they communicate and base it off the interaction. In this case definitely not something I would be after as it is clearly someone trying for quick buck. Guess they do not know that usually with 0 feedback paypal doesn't release the money right away.

We all started somewhere, but even back in the 90s when I opened my ebay account, I understood you don't sell a thousand dollar item with zero feedback.  This guy is clearly out to scam and run, look at his 1800 captain america book thats worth 30 tops.

50 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

We all started somewhere, but even back in the 90s when I opened my ebay account, I understood you don't sell a thousand dollar item with zero feedback.  This guy is clearly out to scam and run, look at his 1800 captain america book thats worth 30 tops.

Definitely as far as this guy goes he is attempting to scam, I completely agree.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:58 AM, captainkey said:

I just got my copy back from CGC.

2nd print newsstand 9.6.  Going up on ebay soon. 

Moving to tiny tiny condo, so, my treasures from the last 50 years have to go!

Wow... Please keep us posted on the results.  I would love to hear how much a 9.6 2nd print newsstand goes for these days.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:10 PM, jsilverjanet said:

There was a sale for a raw buy it now below the asking price of $89 in June

That sounds about right to me.  I was thinking a person could get $50 to $100 raw.  They really are HTF