• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting the 6 variants of Batman 457 (1st Tim Drake ROBIN)
8 8

511 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2018 at 2:29 PM, ygogolak said:

Batman 457 is known as the first Tim Drake Robin. Obviously you don't agree with this or you would have mentioned it. But that's what the market thinks. It sells for $10 in high grade regularly. The others don't sell.

So, this logic you were speaking of?

16 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

This is an excellent post except for the highlighted part. Robin 1 cannot be sold at any price.

:whistle:

22 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

This is an excellent post except for the highlighted part. Robin 1 cannot be sold at any price.

If you can't sell a Bolland cover, I have to question how hard you're trying.

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:
On 7/1/2018 at 11:29 AM, ygogolak said:

Batman 457 is known as the first Tim Drake Robin. Obviously you don't agree with this or you would have mentioned it. But that's what the market thinks. It sells for $10 in high grade regularly. The others don't sell.

So, this logic you were speaking of?

On 7/2/2018 at 9:24 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Nobody is disputing, or has disputed, your contention. No one disagrees with you. There is no argument from anybody. And, most importantly: that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion, and never has.

"A Robin #1 newsstand second print just sold for $117."

"Yeah, well...Batman #457 is worth way more."

"No one's saying it isn't. The comment was about Robin #1, and only Robin #1."

"Yeah, well...Batman #457 is worth more because it's more important."

"Yeah, well....Batman #457 is the most valuable of the three."

....do you just say these things to get a reaction...?

On 6/30/2018 at 2:27 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:
On 6/30/2018 at 2:26 PM, Cpt Kirk said:
On 6/30/2018 at 12:09 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/292615318492?item=292615318492&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

Quite a price for Robin (1991) mini....

I drove the high bidder...I am the 3376 bidder. I was interested in seeing how high he would go. Unfortunately, I forgot about the auction at the end, but another bidder came along, trying to snipe, but couldn't. 

$117.50 for a book that is not correctly identified is QUITE an aggressive price.

What was driving the price so high on that auction?   Was it just the Robin newsstand issue?

2nd Print Robin #1 newsstand. Same as Bat #457 and Supes #50.

Perhaps this is where your confusion lies.

When I said "Same as Bat #457 and Supes #50", I wasn't making a comparison between their values. Kirk asked "Was it just the Robin newsstand issue", to which I replied the above...which is that this Robin #1 was the same type of book/version/variation as Bat #457 and Supes #50.

Maybe that's where you got hung up. Perhaps you thought I was making some sort of value comparison between these three books.

I was not, as the context indicates.

Perhaps, in the future, if you're unsure of meaning, you might ask, rather than engage in unrelated argumentation about which no one disagrees.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ok, I'll take the bait: which one, how, and why is "story significance" relevant to the conversation?

And those are serious questions.

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nobody is disputing, or has disputed, your contention. No one disagrees with you. There is no argument from anybody. And, most importantly: that has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion, and never has.

"A Robin #1 newsstand second print just sold for $117."

"Yeah, well...Batman #457 is worth way more."

"Yeah, well...Batman #457 is worth more because it's more important."

"Yeah, well....Batman #457 is the most valuable of the three."

....do you just say these things to get a reaction...?

Just one person....

6 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Nope.

So I am selling my Robin #1 2nd print newsstand because this thread made me wonder "Is anyone really interested in a newsstand version of 2nd printing of Robin #1 ?"   Well, I don't know if the bidders are just speculators, but the answer is yes.   I just listed it last night and got 4 different bidders going after it, and the price jumped from my starting bid of $30 up to $150 within a few hours.   Here's a link to the auction in case you want to watch it.  It ends about 6 days from now.   I  personally would be surprised to see it go for much more than $150, but who knows. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163133148040?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

6 minutes ago, Cpt Kirk said:

So I am selling my Robin #1 2nd print newsstand because this thread made me wonder "Is anyone really interested in a newsstand version of 2nd printing of Robin #1 ?"   Well, I don't know if the bidders are just speculators, but the answer is yes.   I just listed it last night and got 4 different bidders going after it, and the price jumped from my starting bid of $30 up to $150 within a few hours.   Here's a link to the auction in case you want to watch it.  It ends about 6 days from now.   I  personally would be surprised to see it go for much more than $150, but who knows. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163133148040?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Well, I threw my bid into the ring.

I'm high bidder now. :D

"Someone messaged me that there are 4 known copies of this comic book. I'm sure there are more out there, but it sounds like they are hard to find."

I think this is true. I have one, CAK claims he found one, and there were two more on eBay that I discovered last year, one that had sold with a lot and another that was unsold. I wrote to both sellers, but never heard back from either one.

Of course, Fufat's been paying attention, and threw his up, too. lol

11 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

"Someone messaged me that there are 4 known copies of this comic book. I'm sure there are more out there, but it sounds like they are hard to find."

I think this is true. I have one, CAK claims he found one, and there were two more on eBay that I discovered last year, one that had sold with a lot and another that was unsold. I wrote to both sellers, but never heard back from either one.

Just like the 7 copies of Batman #457.

Puuuummmpppp and duuuummmmmppppp.

55 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This comment makes no sense.

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

16 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Creating false hype on a live auction by stating that there are only 4 copies of a comic book. Just like when this thread was started there were "7 known". Now there are twice that and that's the ones that we know have come to market to be sold.

Pretty much the exact scenario of a pump and dump.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

20 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Creating false hype on a live auction by stating that there are only 4 copies of a comic book. Just like when this thread was started there were "7 known". Now there are twice that and that's the ones that we know have come to market to be sold.

Pretty much the exact scenario of a pump and dump.

1. Pay attention. That's not what Kirk said.

2. You're accusing Kirk of "creating false hype"? SUPER Classy.

3. You do not understand what "pump and dump" means. Since you have a long-standing habit of dismissing good faith efforts to reason with you, I'll leave it to someone else to educate you.

13 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

1. Pay attention. That's not what Kirk said.

2. You're accusing Kirk of "creating false hype"? SUPER Classy.

3. You do not understand what "pump and dump" means. Since you have a long-standing habit of dismissing good faith efforts to reason with you, I'll leave it to someone else to educate you.

Not Kirk, you. You said right here: "I think this is true" (4 known copies)

I'm not sure where the quote that is in bold is from. There is no reference to it.

And yes, saying I think there are four copies of a book that has a live auction going on a providing a link is exactly what pump and dump is.

38 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Not Kirk, you. You said right here: "I think this is true" (4 known copies)

Oh, I see. You're accusing ME of "creating false hype" and "pumping and dumping". You're making things up for your own motives, and the posts are still right there for all to read.

This quote of yours is false: "stating that there are only 4 copies of a comic book."

Nobody said that. Nobody said anything like that. That is a dishonest misrepresentation. 

As far as "creating false hype" and "pumping and dumping", do you have any evidence...at all...of me doing that, here or anywhere? 

Just because YOU have dishonest motives doesn't therefore mean everyone else does. This is called "false-consensus bias."

53 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I'm not sure where the quote that is in bold is from. There is no reference to it.

Look at the post that contains that quote. Then look at the QUOTE from Cpt. Kirk IN that post. You will find a LINK there to the auction which contains the statement.

It's all right there. Right in front of you. But you can't be bothered to do even basic research before accusing people of "creating false hype" and "pumping and dumping." It is dishonest and completely irresponsible. You are remarkably dishonest.

And yes, saying I think there are four copies of a book that has a live auction going on a providing a link is exactly what pump and dump is.

No one said that.

Let me say that again: no one said that.

No one said "I think there are four copies." 

Do you know what the word "known" means? It carries an implication, which is that there are copies which exist, but that are currently UNknown. See how that works?

Again: just because you have dishonest motives does not therefore mean that everyone else does, too.

It would be nice if you kept such inflammatory opinions to yourself, unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary.

The live auction going on is Cpt. Kirk's. Not that it is any of your business, but I own a single copy. I have zero intention of selling it, and, in fact, would like to obtain more copies.

If you think this is some sort of "long con", that I'm secretly creating "false" hype (you don't explain the difference between "false" and "true"; you never explain such things) for the future...well, I guess you can watch and see, huh?

Maybe if you spent more time having honest, good faith conversations, clearly explaining what you mean, instead of making oblique Twitter quips, you'd have more to contribute here.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

4 copies of a Copper DC book.

:roflmao:

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Just because YOU have dishonest motives, doesn't mean everyone else does, too.

What have I done that is dishonest?

Have I told someone there are four copies of a book and then provide a link to a live auction?

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh, I see. You're accusing ME of "creating false hype" and "pumping and dumping". You're making things up for your own motives, and the posts are still right there for all to read.

This quote of yours is false: "stating that there are only 4 copies of a comic book."

Nobody said that. Nobody said anything like that. That is a dishonest misrepresentation. 

As far as "creating false hype" and "pumping and dumping", do you have any evidence...at all...of me doing that, here or anywhere? 

Just because YOU have dishonest motives doesn't therefore mean everyone else does. This is called "false-consensus bias."

Look at the post that contains that quote. Then look at the QUOTE from Cpt. Kirk IN that post. You will find a LINK there to the auction which contains the statement.

It's all right there. Right in front of you. But you can't be bothered to do even basic research before accusing people of "creating false hype" and "pumping and dumping." It is dishonest and completely irresponsible. You are remarkably dishonest.

No one said that.

Let me say that again: no one said that.

No one said "I think there are four copies." 

Do you know what the word "known" means? It carries an implication, which is that there are copies which exist, but that are currently UNknown. See how that works?

Again: just because you have dishonest motives does not therefore mean that everyone else does, too.

It would be nice if you kept such inflammatory opinions to yourself, unless you have concrete evidence to the contrary.

The live auction going on is Cpt. Kirk's. Not that it is any of your business, but I own a single copy. I have zero intention of selling it, and, in fact, would like to obtain more copies.

If you think this is some sort of "long con", that I'm secretly creating "false" hype (you don't explain the difference between "false" and "true"; you never explain such things) for the future...well, I guess you can watch and see, huh?

Maybe if you spent more time having honest, good faith conversations, clearly explaining what you mean, instead of making oblique Twitter quips, you'd have more to contribute here.

Semantics over the word known....

15 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said: