• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw a cgc 2.5 AF 15 for sale, asking $11K!!

91 posts in this topic

is this a crazy ask price?

there's a service called GPA analysis that tracks the sale prices of slabbed comics. If you can afford to consider any $11,000, you can pay to use that service.

Or you can compare with ebay prices that are available or have been sold to get an idea.

there's a service called GPA analysis that tracks the sale prices of slabbed comics. If you can afford to consider any $11,000, you can pay to use that service.

Or you can compare with ebay prices that are available or have been sold to get an idea.

Or just post a separate thread here on any book or auction that suits your fancy.

Or just post a separate thread here on any book or auction that suits your fancy.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

:idea:

It's not a crazy price if the eye appeal is nice. That seems to be more of a deciding factor with the low grades rather than the number in the corner.

GPA is showing a CGC 1.5 sold for $9,750, a CGC 2.0 sold for $10,755 and a CGC 2.5 sold for $9,560 this summer. I didn't see the actual books, but I wouldn't be surprised if eye appeal has something to do with the two lower grades out pacing the higher.

Eye appeal was definitely a major factor in my decision to buy my copy and had no problem paying slightly over GPA at the time. ?

Sales have been all over the place for this book at conventions and online. Any low grade copy it seems. Even cover less

I see this, also. Why do you think this is? Is the book suddenly hotter then it usually is. I dunno

I mean it is the silver age monster to get. Once spidey gets more involved with upcoming movies we may be kicking ourselves for not getting these at the prices now

I'd love to have one. Is it possible the price may come down or plummet all together? It's a big hypothetical since no one knows the future.

I mean it is the silver age monster to get. Once spidey gets more involved with upcoming movies we may be kicking ourselves for not getting these at the prices now

I'd love to have one. Is it possible the price may come down or plummet all together? It's a big hypothetical since no one knows the future.

I'd say if Spidey's first app. plummets it's probably the last thing to go in the complete and utter destruction of the comic market. lol