• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SQUIRREL GIRL & THE NEW WARRIORS?! (TBD)
1 1

71 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2019 at 1:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

This was the late 2018 news.

What Happened To Marvel's New Warriors TV Show? (December 2018)

New-Warriors-TV-Show-Cast.jpg?q=50&fit=c

So this could be a scheduling victim while Disney+ was being lined up. Which could just mean a delayed release versus killing the project.

Hopefully you're right, really want to see this come to fruition.

What timing!

Hollywood trades reported Keith David had been cast as the series antagonist. When we spoke with the actor earlier Tuesday, we had to ask about the status of the show. As one might expect, David had to remain pretty tight-lipped on the situation although he admits "everyone" seemed to enjoy the pilot the group shot and the overall premise of the show.

"In this business, one never knows," the actor said of a potential New Warriors return. "I would hope that at some point it would come back. Everybody seemed to like it and loved the idea. Who knows why it hasn't come to fruition yet."

The actor didn't want to elaborate too much on the topic, though he says if the show ever materializes, he'd jump back in a heartbeat. "That's something that I cannot answer," the actor continues. "That's not something I have any control or say in. But I would gladly be a part of it whenever, if ever it comes back."

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Exclusive: After being passed on by multiple other networks, Marvel’s ‘New Warriors’ series is officially dead. 

‘New Warriors’ was originally ordered to series as a superhero sitcom by Freeform, but after the pilot was filmed they decided to step away as distributor. Marvel Television shopped it around to other networks over the past year (including Disney+ and Hulu), but none were interested. Today, we got word that the series is officially dead. High-level execs were said to have loved the pilot, so it’s a bit surprising  and disheartening it couldn’t find a home. 

The pilot hailed from Kevin Biegel and Jeph Loeb, and starred Milana Vanytrub, Derek Theler, Jeremy Tandy, Callum Worthy, Matthew Moy, Kate Comer, & Keith David. It followed six superpowered young heroes, including Squirrel Girl, Mr. Immortal, and Cannonball, as they attempted to make a positive impact on the world. 

:facepalm:

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It must be official. The story is spreading fast.

I was worried this was going to happen; it switched networks seemingly 10 times and nobody wanted it for some reason (burned from The Inhumans?).  It makes no difference but I'm a huge New Warriors fan, the Nicieza and Bagley years especially but when I heard this news, although I knew it was coming, I was pretty bummed.

On 9/16/2019 at 6:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

I tried to watch that WW pilot. I maybe going 8 minutes in before I got frustrated and bailed.

Not saying it was good, but it surfaced. By many accounts this pilot was supposed to have a positive response, so I am want why it was not picked up. Seeing may help explain it.