• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvelous Nerd Year's Eve Dallas 12/29 - 1/1/17

32 posts in this topic

So CGC was there??

I used Anastasia for Stan's signatures and used TheCollector here from the boards for others. I think Anastasia was probably available as witness for others since it was so dead. But thats just a guess. CGC was not officially there AFAIK.

So CGC was there??

I used Anastasia for Stan's signatures and used TheCollector here from the boards for others. I think Anastasia was probably available as witness for others since it was so dead. But thats just a guess. CGC was not officially there AFAIK.

interesting :) back in June of 2016 CGC was there + Anastasia except CGC was charging a fair price and compared to Anastasia...cgc was a deal :) Although with CGC back in June I didn't meet Stan I just dropped them off but the line was long...etc. glad this was a better experience in that regard, I just hope the price was worth it.... so is Stan coming in April to the Fan Expo (I ask because sometimes at con's the main guest(s) will advertise their next appearance) or was this his last shindig except for con's close to him.....heard rumor's, didn't know if anything was made official :)

So CGC was there??

interesting :) back in June of 2016 CGC was there + Anastasia except CGC was charging a fair price and compared to Anastasia...cgc was a deal :) Although with CGC back in June I didn't meet Stan I just dropped them off but the line was long...etc. glad this was a better experience in that regard, I just hope the price was worth it.... so is Stan coming in April to the Fan Expo (I ask because sometimes at con's the main guest(s) will advertise their next appearance) or was this his last shindig except for con's close to him.....heard rumor's, didn't know if anything was made official :)

PM sent ;)

Side note about this con. It was not organized well. They needed better signs to tell you where to go. I went in the wrong part of the hotel (main lobby) and signage was not helpful. We went to second floor and they would let us in. Then, didn't give us good instruction on where to get tickets.

After that, when we left, the parking lot for the hotel had problems. The card machine ate my card and wouldn't let it out. Took 30 minutes for someone to find a key to get it out. Overall, this one just seemed like a dud.

That said, Lamarche had 8x10s of Abradolf Lincler, so I was happy.

I went into the wrong side of the hotel as well...

Also, not sure how much you paid for parking at the hotel ($15?), but there was a Dallas public lot only one block away where it was only $5.

I went to get the Clerks cast autographs, and they were all great and friendly.

Also, not sure how much you paid for parking at the hotel ($15?), but there was a Dallas public lot only one block away where it was only $5.

I used the hotel parking garage underground. Funny enough, their machine ate my card, I had to wait 30 minutes for them to get it out, but I didn't pay the $20 or whatever the parking was.

I used the hotel parking garage underground. Funny enough, their machine ate my card, I had to wait 30 minutes for them to get it out, but I didn't pay the $20 or whatever the parking was.

If their machine ate your card then free parking was the least they should have offered you. Glad they stepped up.

If their machine ate your card then free parking was the least they should have offered you. Glad they stepped up.

Yeah, I think everyone behind me got free parking too. Ha.

I was so happy about my Stan sigs, I didn't mind waiting 30 minutes.

Wow. I didn't even realize there was a second floor until too late. After I got home, I saw that there was. So, obviously, it was not laid out well at all.

I feel bad for people who bought 4 day passes. Glad I didnt.