• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ART DAY - Movie Poster original paintings!
1 1

366 posts in this topic

Project time - pre-framing update! As previously mentioned, I bought this painting for DAY OF THE EVIL GUN (1968) last year on eBay from an American seller for a very reasonable price (several hundred dollars). There were condition issues, but I'm now on top of this. The printed movie poster was included in the sale and I had the seller forward the painting to a friend in Los Angeles who is a printer by trade. My friend, Lloyd, created for me print-outs of the title and captioned materials (reduced in size to match the artwork's dimensions). The painting now been cleaned-up with all captioned elements incorporated with the artwork. Overall board size is now 33" x 23". Now ready for framing!

Photo attachment 1:  the artwork as purchased.

Photo attachment 2:  Cleaned-up artwork with board extended and captioned elements incorporated.

Evil Gun (as bought).jpg

Evil Gun.jpg

Here's the secondt of five paintings I recently won from Prop Store Auctions (UK).  I usually don't much care for T&A for the sake of showing a bit of flesh but thought the idea behind the design on this one was quite inventive. Full write-up at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1483019

Unknown.JPG

Edited by The Voord

I love TnA pieces when they have redeeming qualities and/or context that requires or celebrates the nudity in some way.   Crass nudity just for the sake of it is a turn off though, agreed, when it comes to my interest in a piece.

New in . . . Arnaldo Putzu's movie poster painting for the gritty 1972 British crime thriller, SITTING TARGET (known in the USA as SCREAMING TARGET).  Full write-up, larger image and additional pictures at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1489129

QCGSIN0r_3107181631341gpadd.jpg

Edited by The Voord

New in today . . . Tom Beauvais unused movie poster painting for JULIA, 1977. Artwork image is 24.5" x 21.25". The design is loosely based on the American poster art, which I think was by Richard Amsel.

Full write-up, larger scan and additional material at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1498643

Julia.jpg

15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Yes.  I collect movie memorabilia from that film. 

Artist is F. Germain and, no, I've never seen the OA surface.

You could always try asking on my Movie Poster original artwork FB group (you'd have to become a member):

www.facebook.com/groups/131047770909401/

Edited by The Voord