• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with identifying if this TMNT Raphael pin-up was ever published?

11 posts in this topic

Just bought this Eastman 1985 Raphael pin up and I am looking for assistance in finding out if it was ever published. I know it was used for a print that was sold at comic cons in 1985 but i would like to know if it was used for anything else? Thanks

Chris

164926.jpg.1a75ff98d7895a2bb05b61ac6f49521f.jpg

Congrats! I was the previous owner of this pinup. I traded it to Scott, and some other art for a page he had. I don't think it was published, there are others who may know. It's beautiful in person. Now that I think about it, you also have my old Kraven's Last Hunt page.

I just happened to see it a couple weeks ago in an old issue of Comics Interview. #27 I think.

Were there two? This is the Raphael Pinup from CI #27 (Page 34)

raphael%20pinup.jpg

I own Bud Plant's colored print that Eastman hand colored for him back in 1985.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in there, though i passed it along to a friend so I don't have it on hand. If I get a chance I'll ask him.

Double check but there are two images I know of from that interview (Casey Jones and Raphael), both currently for sale by Oroku Saki.

Nice piece...inspired by Miller I'd guess.

Yes, remember the dedication on the inside of TMNT 1 is to Miller and Kirby... there are lots of instances where they looked to miller.

tmntinsidecovers.jpg