• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic-Con will Still be a 3 day con, Sept. 22-24, 2017
4 4

190 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:

Would love to be able to hit the show on Friday, alas, I'm not taking work off to do it.  And, I also have to pick Sal up from the airport (not BWI) that afternoon.  

I'm all out of days off so I worked it so I take Friday off and work on Sunday.  I'd much rather go buy on Friday then Saturday if it can be helped - tons of sharks going to be in the water at this one.

I got this in a CGC email. 

Collectors have long been able to submit to CGC at comic cons, regardless of whether they had a paid CGC Collectors Society Account.  However, show submitters without an account have been missing out on the many benefits of the CGC Online Submission Form:

• Avoiding lines with CGC’s Express Drop-Off Lane
  • Saving on handling fees
  • Tracking submissions online
  • Graders Notes

But not anymore!

CGC announced that any show submitters without a Collectors Society Account will be signed up for a free one. The change greatly enhances a collector’s show submission experience by enabling them to save time and money

Prior to a show, collectors with a free Collectors Society Account can now enjoy the dynamic and user-friendly interface offered by the online form.  Once at the show, they can bring their packing slips and books to CGC’s booth and beat the crowds with Express Drop-Off.  Finally, collectors with a free account can track the status of their show submission by visiting CGCcomics.com

While company representatives will be giving collectors free Collectors Society Accounts on-site at conventions, CGC strongly encourages show submitters to sign up in advance online.  Once signed up, collectors can complete the CGC Online Submission Form and prepare their show submissions.

Free Collectors Society Accounts allow collectors to submit only at shows. For more information on Associate and higher-level Collectors Society memberships, which provide show and mail submission privileges, submission discounts and other benefits, please visit CGCcomics.com/Join.

Noob question - but if you want to do onsite grading, do you HAVE to drop off on Fri and pick-up Sun? Could you drop off on Sat and pick-up on Sun? (ie. do they need the full 2 days) And do they only guarantee books are done grading by a certain time on Sun (ie. do you need to be willing to wait until the end of the show on Sun)?

12 minutes ago, CKinTO said:

Noob question - but if you want to do onsite grading, do you HAVE to drop off on Fri and pick-up Sun? Could you drop off on Sat and pick-up on Sun? (ie. do they need the full 2 days) And do they only guarantee books are done grading by a certain time on Sun (ie. do you need to be willing to wait until the end of the show on Sun)?

there is definitely a cutoff, but it probably depends on the number more than the actual time.  Like if you came in sunday afternoon and they had a terrible weekend and no business, I bet they could squeeze out 5 books in like half an hour or less.  But if some dealers submitted thousands of books on Friday at opening, they might stop accepting ANY books for on-site in an hour or less after opening.  And I think in some cases, they stop taking submissions for awhile to work through the existing orders, then open it up again later in the day or the next day and take more submissions.  But I think ideally your best shot of getting it graded onsite is to submit as early as possible.

17 hours ago, CKinTO said:

The only guarantee for onsite grading is that the books will be ready for pick-up by the end of the show on Sunday.

Now, in practice it's usually more of a 24 hour turnaround - eg. you drop off books first thing Friday morning, they're ready for pick-up Saturday morning. No matter what, I'd get to the CGC booth first thing if you want to do onsite grading.

1 hour ago, mschmidt said:

The only guarantee for onsite grading is that the books will be ready for pick-up by the end of the show on Sunday.

Now, in practice it's usually more of a 24 hour turnaround - eg. you drop off books first thing Friday morning, they're ready for pick-up Saturday morning. No matter what, I'd get to the CGC booth first thing if you want to do onsite grading.

Seems to be a lot easier to get books in for on-site in terms of the general public but I think that is mostly due to the increase in on-site grading cost and reduction in regular grading time from years ago.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Seems to be a lot easier to get books in for on-site in terms of the general public but I think that is mostly due to the increase in on-site grading cost and reduction in regular grading time from years ago.

That's not really going to be the case at Baltimore - with no onsite at WW Chicago, there are a lot of dealers with books they're taking to Baltimore for onsite grading instead.

17 hours ago, icp004 said:

If I drop off submissions on Friday can a friend pick them up Sunday for me or would I be the only one they would allow to pick up?  

You can add your friend's name to the submission invoice - he'll then need to show the green receipt for pick-up.

19 hours ago, wombat said:

So only one boardie setting up shop? There were a lot more last year. 

I'm sure Dan (flyingdonut) will be there since he did well last year.  Murphman was set up last year and can't make it this year.  I did terribly last year so I'm a no go this year.  Who set up last year that was a board member?

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'm sure Dan (flyingdonut) will be there since he did well last year.  Murphman was set up last year and can't make it this year.  I did terribly last year so I'm a no go this year.  Who set up last year that was a board member?

I kept a running list in last year's thread. I was trying to do the same this year. Here is last year's list:

1Cool/Murphman13 -  - Andrew

Gator - New force comics -  - Rick

lhcomics -  - Leroy

inapicklecomics - - Josh and my wife Jenni

gregreece -  - Greg

Comic Kings - - Joey & my wife Dottie

FlyingDonut - Cards, Comics, and Collectibles -  - Dan

Brad Foster (SharpComics) and Tom Gordon (TomG)

Bob Storms (Highgradecomics.com) - 

Ferdelance - Moving Pictures Comics -  - Rob

DvilleBookstore - Duncanville Bookstore - 

22 hours ago, lhcomics said:

I'll be setup with comics4less at booth 1504. Since I last sold at Wizard Chicago I have restocked with about 18 new long boxes as well as having 40+ key books that will be onsite graded and should be ready Saturday.

Leroy

You still waiting until Friday opening to start selling books or do you allow presales at this one.  I'll hit up your booth no matter what but just checking if yours should be first.

19 hours ago, wombat said:

Boardies with Booths:

Gator (Rick) -  booth 1104. Same location as past 3 years!

lhcomics (Leroy) and comics4less at booth 1504

Highgradecomics, Moving Picture Comics, Cards and Comics, and Collectibles are showing up as a vendor.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

You still waiting until Friday opening to start selling books or do you allow presales at this one.  I'll hit up your booth no matter what but just checking if yours should be first.

It will be Friday maybe 1 hour before open to public. I have a lot of organizing to do getting new inventory into my existing stuff. Check with me Fri morning and I'll be giving everyone time I'll be ready.