• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada Variants posted by BBOY

4 posts in this topic

Should these be technically considered 'International Comics'?

Question for collectors:

Should 'Fan Expo Canada Variant Editions' (variant covers exclusive to the Fan Expo Canada Convention) technically be considered 'International Comics', which are typically comic books published outside the U.S?

See more journals by BBOY

Question for collectors:

Should 'Fan Expo Canada Variant Editions' (variant covers exclusive to the Fan Expo Canada Convention) technically be considered 'International Comics', which are typically comic books published outside the U.S?

Uhm, i think not, because they are considered as variants in the CGC Competive Sets and the language is still in english, so it's not a translate version for another market.Anyway, i picked up some at the show, :) very happy expecially about ASM #17 signed by " The Man" :grin:

Question for collectors:

Uhm, i think not, because they are considered as variants in the CGC Competive Sets and the language is still in english, so it's not a translate version for another market.Anyway, i picked up some at the show, :) very happy expecially about ASM #17 signed by " The Man" :grin:
There are many 'Canadian editions' from previous decades which are actually price variants from their U.S. Counterparts. Since the regular version of those comics are published in U.S. and the different versions (price variants) in this case are published outside the U.S., I would consider the latter to be an 'International' comic book, due to the fact it's a different country (even though the country speaks the same language).With the recent Canada Fan Expo variants (or other variants from conventions outside the U.S.), on one hand those can be considered 'International' comic books because they are exclusive variant comic books to conventions outside the country where they're published...