• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your favorite EPIC comic book battles

105 posts in this topic

Bonus points if you can provide a link to or pics of the battle.

I'll start with Namor vs. Daredevil (Bill Everett would approve) in some famous Silver Age action. DD relied on his agility throughout this very asymmetric fight... the ending is both oddly funny due to how it was drawn, but very moving.

Victor: Namor

For the actual comic panels - http://www.cbr.com/a-year-of-cool-comic-book-moments-day-232/

Image+(4).jpg

Always enjoyed Namor vs Hulk as a standout...

I think this is from TTA 100, but my copy is buried, so I borrowed it from online images.

I should add that I was always a fan of Marie Severin, even before I had any idea of who she was.

Very underrated artist, IMO. I really enjoy her original artwork as well.

n39hug.jpg

Easy one for me :grin: (and I'm extremely jealous of a boardee who owns (owned?) the OA to most of these battle pages :) )

Fantastic Four #40, "The Battle of the Baxter Building" - the Thing vs. Dr. Doom.

40.jpg

Doom meets his most ignominious defeat at the hands of an enraged Ben Grimm. A sequence of 6 fantastic battle pages.

Hero-Envy-Thing-vs-Dr-Doom1.jpg

thingcrushesdoomshands1.jpg

The one that started me off and got me completely hooked on comics as a kid was Orion vs Kalibak in New Gods 8. If I have time tonight. It was like WOW. I had never seen anything like that in the pages of Superman or Batman in the early '70s, I might be able to post some pages tonight if I have time.

The one that started me off and got me completely hooked on comics as a kid was Orion vs Kalibak in New Gods 8. If I have time tonight. It was like WOW. I had never seen anything like that in the pages of Superman or Batman in the early '70s, I might be able to post some pages tonight if I have time.

+1

That's the one I was thinking about.

Avengers #270 to #278: Under Siege!

This one I always remember from my childhood, mostly because I remember as a kid I had to have a minor procedure and it was with the stack of comics my parents got me. I later tracked down the entire story line. I still have it.

Avengers_Vol_1_277_zpspeszd6pm.jpg

To me, this is comic book story telling at its best and it didn't need a mega event cross over with a thousand spin offs. Just great stuff.

Edited by Wall-Crawler