• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

Well, I think based on this article in The Wrap and this quote:

Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

It's pretty clear that they're definitely bringing in X-23 for Wolverine 3

..thus endeth the pump and dump (of Daken). lol

-J.

Might be that Daken still ends up also in it, as one of the children that are

We find out about a government-type operation called Transigen that is turning mutant children into killing machines.

and is still part of the program or something & ends up one of the bad guys.

Anything is possible but that veers off into speculation territory again (and I doubt that's what happens).

The "two claw" female child mutant , on the other hand , is a fairly spot-on description of Laura.

-J.

Oh, I agree. Anything about Daken is completely wild speculation with absolutely nothing behind it. Definitely. Only reason I could see it from a logical standpoint would be to add even more of a "family conflict" dynamic that Hollywood loves to do where everyone somehow ends up related to their villain. I mean, even the comic Daken was a walking "daddy issues made me a bad guy" trope. That's the kinda stuff that Hollywood eats right up & loves to use. And it's almost always pretty telegraphed that the "child with daddy issues" of the main character ends up being the "weapon" used by main baddie (I think it's Sinister, right?) against the hero, because of the inner conflict of killing your kid. I mean... Star Wars has basically lived off that trope (or the inverse of that trope with the daddy issues kid trying to redeem their bad daddy).

Edited by Doktor

Well, I think based on this article in The Wrap and this quote:

Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three.

It's pretty clear that they're definitely bringing in X-23 for Wolverine 3

..thus endeth the pump and dump (of Daken). lol

-J.

Might be that Daken still ends up also in it, as one of the children that are

We find out about a government-type operation called Transigen that is turning mutant children into killing machines.

and is still part of the program or something & ends up one of the bad guys.

Anything is possible but that veers off into speculation territory again (and I doubt that's what happens).

The "two claw" female child mutant , on the other hand , is a fairly spot-on description of Laura.

-J.

Oh, I agree. Anything about Daken is completely wild speculation with absolutely nothing behind it. Definitely. Only reason I could see it from a logical standpoint would be to add even more of a "family conflict" dynamic that Hollywood loves to do where everyone somehow ends up related to their villain. I mean, even the comic Daken was a walking "daddy issues made me a bad guy" trope. That's the kinda stuff that Hollywood eats right up & loves to use. And it's almost always pretty telegraphed that the "child with daddy issues" of the main character ends up being the "weapon" used by main baddie (I think it's Sinister, right?) against the hero, because of the inner conflict of killing your kid. I mean... Star Wars has basically lived off that trope (or the inverse of that trope with the daddy issues kid trying to redeem their bad daddy).

Right I think you might have nailed it though. X-23 first turns on Wolvie and then together they duke it out with Sinister and his minions. There's no room there or necessity for Daken.

I'm just glad it's looking like Laura after all, since she is a far more interesting character IMO.

-J.

Well, there's room there for adding Daken, but it seems unnecessary or like just trying to add an extra dynamic for the sake of adding "tension" between the hero(s) and the villain(s).

"We learned further details from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three."

http://www.thewrap.com/logan-wolverine-3-plot-details-revealed-exclusive/

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

Start the NYX #3 buying spree...NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there somewhere that states the hand is a girl's as was referenced?

...and a poster that show’s Logan’s clawed hand held by the small hand of a child.

I'd recommend buying X-23 books. 5 years ago.

Daken? meh.. He's in it, but...

Can't say too much.

FTFY

"We learned further details from an insider who said that the girl in the poster is a young mutant. In 2024, mutant births are severely in decline, and people aren’t sure why. We find out about a government-type operation called “Transigen” that is turning mutant children into killing machines. Logan ends up mentoring the girl, who has two claws instead of his three."

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

Start the NYX #3 buying Selling spree...NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIxed that for you!

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

FIxed that for you!

Na. You buy cheap now, then sell when the trailers drop.

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

FIxed that for you!

Today would not be a good time to buy. The hype is building right now. Last week would have been better than today. Also, if that is actually her, she would not be old enough to resemble anything portrayed in a comic iteration.

Edited by ygogolak

Nail. In. The. Coffin.

FIxed that for you!

exactly. It's not too late for the upside but hey, do what you want. It's a free country right?

I was teasing. In fact, if you look at older posts of mine, last September (and before) is when I was urging everyone to buy NYX 3 and 4. Ask Nickelspot here on the boards, he sold me my 9.8 copy because I found that book hard to find in 9.8 condition in the wild.

I was teasing. In fact, if you look at older posts of mine, last September (and before) is when I was urging everyone to buy NYX 3 and 4. Ask Nickelspot here on the boards, he sold me my 9.8 copy because I found that book hard to find in 9.8 condition in the wild.

Yeah, it was good spec back then, and even better now.

9.8's have gone up 41% in the past 24 months.

9.8's have gone up 41% in the past 24 months.

Just get a NYX3 9.8 because X23 is badass! It was actually my first graded book I bought in 2013. Love that character :luhv: