• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

Hello Thomas,

Fyi no one person ever bought or was sent 10 copies of CM #17 from me. The person you are referring to did receive as compensation for pressing books for me 1 (one) copy of Cm #17 and a copy of a Spider Gwen variant. Get your facts straight please.

Ok.

9c50153944.jpg

9c50254289.jpg

Taken from public post on a google group. Unfortunately that large non-existent graphic is preventing a screencap of the entire post in one shot, but anyone can browse the board by date or do a keyword search and verify its authenticity. I have no idea who the buyer was, nor do I care, but lets stop pretending this doesn't happen.

Soooooo glad I bought my 9.8 last year!!

So glad I bought mine for cover price! :baiting:

Kinda like this? :baiting:

nyx%204.jpg

That turned into this couple of weeks ago....

2016-12-04-0008.jpg

My NYX 3 yrs ago though was never 9.8 condition. :( So bought one off Nickel last year.

Edited by cujobyte

Soooooo glad I bought my 9.8 last year!!

So glad I bought mine for cover price! :baiting:

Kinda like this? :baiting:

nyx%204.jpg

That turned into this couple of weeks ago....

2016-12-04-0008.jpg

My NYX 3 yrs ago though was never 9.8 condition. :( So bought one off Nickel last year.

Only 1?

:baiting:

Ah, the fan club's all here. At least all that haven't been banned.

Why cant you see this problem? Do you so trust the people running that site that they don't have a monetary interest? You and I both post on both web sites and have been members here for a long time.

How can you not look at their site which has ties to several other sites that advertise books for sale there. Its a classic conflict of interest.

Your an intelligent individual I just don't see how you cant concede that this is happening or has happened on that site.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Hello Thomas,

Fyi no one person ever bought or was sent 10 copies of CM #17 from me. The person you are referring to did receive as compensation for pressing books for me 1 (one) copy of Cm #17 and a copy of a Spider Gwen variant. Get your facts straight please.

Ok.

9c50153944.jpg

9c50254289.jpg

Taken from public post on a google group. Unfortunately that large non-existent graphic is preventing a screencap of the entire post in one shot, but anyone can browse the board by date or do a keyword search and verify its authenticity. I have no idea who the buyer was, nor do I care, but lets stop pretending this doesn't happen.

In all modern browsers, pressing F12 opens a debugger window, and all of them have element inspectors. If you select the picture with element inspector, then you can delete it from the page (in your view only) and take a clean screenshot.

Obviously doesnt matter for this, but worth knowing. You can also use it to delete some paywalls on news sites, etc. Good trick.

As for that, how does one forget selling 10 of the same book to someone, let alone one that heats up. Shady

Hello Thomas,

Ok.

9c50153944.jpg

9c50254289.jpg

Where in this post does it say that the 10 copies were sold to a CBSI mod - as that was the initial post Shady was referring to?

Whats that? Its all conjecture like all of the other points made?

Wow I am so surprised by this.

Books were sold on eBay to some random guy, not a CBSI mod, which is what Thomas insinuated.

My store has sold hundreds of books since then, of which I would not remember all of them, especially if they were on eBay.

Edited by Oldshady

That is a PAID ad(paid with money), by The Hall of Comics, Not sponsored by CBSI, Fan Expo Had an Ad there that expired and we filled the hole, plain and simple.

Again, you have been asked before and have still to prove anything about creating a shell game.

http://comicbookinvest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=546&start=70

I proved that Noto variant was dirt cheap when people were trying to push it, like you on the cBSi forums, and in the heating up thread here.

I also, in this thread, to stay on topic. Informed people this X-23 cover swipe of IH181 was a cBSi sponsored store variant, which no one else was mentioning in this thread.

Given how active you are there, you could have done it, but I dont mind letting people know.

Edited by Oldshady

That is a PAID ad(paid with money), by The Hall of Comics, Not sponsored by CBSI, Fan Expo Had an Ad there that expired and we filled the hole, plain and simple.

He said, "how is it a cBSi variant"

I said, "Go to cBSi, click on 'cBSi Shops', producer of the variant is there".

It's clearly a cBSi linked variant, and on their absolute garbage top 10 list, and was being talked about in this thead like it was not a store variant.

It is a store variant, its a cBSi variant, and its inappropriate for them to place it on there top 10 list. all just FACTS, period.

Nothing wrong with these facts (other than the top 10), but people shouldnt be ambiguous about them.

Books were sold on eBay to some random guy, not a CBSI mod, which is what Thomas insinuated.

My store has sold hundreds of books since then, of which I would not remember all of them, especially if they were on eBay.

@35 bucks a pop I dont know why your getting slack. you got hosed ! obviously this sale had nothing to do with hype ! Got anymore at that price? ill buy.

@35 bucks a pop I dont know why your getting slack. you got hosed ! obviously this sale had nothing to do with hype ! Got anymore at that price? ill buy.

They were $2.99 and unsellable a couple days before, it was only the hype/thread debate on here that got the book moving. $35 at that time for a worthless piece of garbage was outstanding.

Those paying hundreds for one now, are just the greater fools..

They were $2.99 and unsellable a couple days before, it was only the hype/thread debate on here that got the book moving. $35 at that time for a worthless piece of garbage was outstanding.

Dont agree with you on that buddy !

That's fine, I made my position very clear at the time, in the orignial CM thread when people were first pushing the book. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

It's not an x-23 book so I feel obliged to leave it at that, in this thread anyway.

Where in this post does it say that the 10 copies were sold to a CBSI mod - as that was the initial post Shady was referring to?

Whats that? Its all conjecture like all of the other points made?

Wow I am so surprised by this.

I must be misremembering the part where I stated it was a CBSI mod. No doubt you can quote the post where I wrote that.

That's fine, I made my position very clear at the time, in the orignial CM thread when people were first pushing the book. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

It's not an x-23 book so I feel obliged to leave it at that, in this thread anyway.

That's fine ! but when that other thread pops up we can talk about the difference between unsellable and A unknown KEY ! one mans Garbage is another mans gold.

Edited by paul747

Is there much point in trying for a Nyx 3 in anything but inflated prices? They've just screened 40 mins of LOGAN and there's a lot of buzz coming off Laura as a character.

Edited by Owsler