• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven to Eternity Thread
2 2

205 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, thpike said:

I finished Fear Agent a little while back... I really loved that whole series. Luckily a lot of Remender's work is on Hoopla so I pull a lot of that to read. I also subscribed to The Realm and really liking that. It's just kinda up my alley I guess.

If you enjoyed that, check out Black Science. Both have semi-tragic, flawed leads. Black Science has more of an ensemble cast, but hits on some similar themes, though it can be a touch heavy handed. But very entertaining.

10 hours ago, thpike said:

I finished Fear Agent a little while back... I really loved that whole series. Luckily a lot of Remender's work is on Hoopla so I pull a lot of that to read. I also subscribed to The Realm and really liking that. It's just kinda up my alley I guess.

Fear Agent is great times. Wish we could go back to it. 

Patrick 

20 hours ago, ParamagicFF said:

If you enjoyed that, check out Black Science. Both have semi-tragic, flawed leads. Black Science has more of an ensemble cast, but hits on some similar themes, though it can be a touch heavy handed. But very entertaining.

Oh I have those too lol. I just like Rick as a creator and writer. I guess we all have our favorites and try to consume as much of their work as possible. I'd say he is one of mine for sure.

On November 21, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah, I understand that as well... and I hated the guest artist... I just wished they would do something like release once every two months instead so there's still some regularity. .... the random breaks kill me

He worked on Uncanny X-Force with Remender and his artwork wasn't as delayed.

I do not think Saga had breaks to that degree but it has not always come out consistently every month.  Walking Dead was not delayed but Invincible took the back seat to Walking Dead once the show got running and IMHO it hurt the book. There were large gaps as to when it was coming out, Invincible is ending at #144 and Walking Dead is over #170 and they came out around the same time.

On 2/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

I do not think Saga had breaks to that degree but it has not always come out consistently every month.  Walking Dead was not delayed but Invincible took the back seat to Walking Dead once the show got running and IMHO it hurt the book. There were large gaps as to when it was coming out, Invincible is ending at #144 and Walking Dead is over #170 and they came out around the same time.

Saga has a seasonal release schedule. There are planned and announced breaks between each arc.

Walking dead got so far ahead because it was double shipping a few years ago. I think it was around the time they got a new inker.

I love this book, but this extended hiatus is a real downer. I don't mind breaks, but they should be communicated. I am about as big of a Remender fan as there is, but all of his books fell behind when he began working on the Deadly Class pilot. I don't know if that's a coincidence, but it is unfortunate. It definitely has me considering trade waiting his books from now on.

My understanding is that the delay is so all the awesome Opena art can be done in advance so he doesn’t fall behind again. This comes from Opena’s rep. I believe they were expecting a February or March release on the new arc.

7 minutes ago, Polirer said:

My understanding is that the delay is so all the awesome Opena art can be done in advance so he doesn’t fall behind again. This comes from Opena’s rep. I believe they were expecting a February or March release on the new arc.

I think most people are fine with being told there will be a break. The problem is, we're all speculating. This day and age, it's so easy for creators to disseminate information. It almost feels bad when they don't give you a heads up. "Hey, we're taking 6 months off so that we can get back to regular releases" sounds way better than "we're working on it". We all love the work, that's why we're here discussing it. But realistically, an episodic and serialized work can not fall into obscurity like this. 

14 hours ago, ParamagicFF said:

I think most people are fine with being told there will be a break. The problem is, we're all speculating. This day and age, it's so easy for creators to disseminate information. It almost feels bad when they don't give you a heads up. "Hey, we're taking 6 months off so that we can get back to regular releases" sounds way better than "we're working on it". We all love the work, that's why we're here discussing it. But realistically, an episodic and serialized work can not fall into obscurity like this. 

Just confirmed Opena wants Six issues done right now there are 3. It’s due to Opena. Anyone know if Diamond is showing anything yet?

On 2/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, maraxusofkeld said:

He worked on Uncanny X-Force with Remender and his artwork wasn't as delayed.

But look at the breaks he had between his issues.  He did issues 1-4, then a 10 month break until 14-18.  so it took him 18 months to get 8 issues out (and i'm sure he pre-drew a bunch of the 1-4 arc before release.

21 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

But look at the breaks he had between his issues.  He did issues 1-4, then a 10 month break until 14-18.  so it took him 18 months to get 8 issues out (and i'm sure he pre-drew a bunch of the 1-4 arc before release.

Did not realize there was that large of a gap.

It is unfortunate. I actually used this book to get an adult friend of mine into comics on a recent vacation. He bought the first trade and was very interested. I explained to him how long it took to wait for trades and comic release schedules etc, and he understood that good ones sometimes had pauses.

I talked to him recently and he kept up with the other books I introduced him to. Even though he began with Seven to Eternity being his favorite read, he has already forgotten about it and said he will not be in for the 3rd trade. As soon as news shut down about the book, and he had no reliable way of knowing when the releases would be, he said he was done.

It's hard enough for established fans to follow this type of schedule. For newcomers, you will never get them to follow something like this. Regardless of how incredible the art is.

I hope Remender gets another artist to share duties with. Would love to see Ribic work with him again.

32 minutes ago, ParamagicFF said:

It is unfortunate. I actually used this book to get an adult friend of mine into comics on a recent vacation. He bought the first trade and was very interested. I explained to him how long it took to wait for trades and comic release schedules etc, and he understood that good ones sometimes had pauses.

I talked to him recently and he kept up with the other books I introduced him to. Even though he began with Seven to Eternity being his favorite read, he has already forgotten about it and said he will not be in for the 3rd trade. As soon as news shut down about the book, and he had no reliable way of knowing when the releases would be, he said he was done.

It's hard enough for established fans to follow this type of schedule. For newcomers, you will never get them to follow something like this. Regardless of how incredible the art is.

I hope Remender gets another artist to share duties with. Would love to see Ribic work with him again.

Agreed.  Another artist or atleast regular release like once every 2 months or so

20 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Yeah I HATED the guest artist... just awful

I can't say I HATED it, but I also wasn't a huge fan. I actually really like his other work, but for some reason it didn't fit well into this universe. 

There are plenty of artists out there, even some whom have worked with Remender in the past, that I think would be great to rotate arcs with.

Esad Ribic, Tony Moore (also notoriously slow), and Phil Noto all come to mind. 

I'm really surprised Remender let this happen. He has spoken about delays in previous books causing sales declines, and seems to be in the midst of a big branding push with his Giant Generator label. It looks like he is deservedly becoming a pillar in the Image family. Maybe trades have become such a large part of sales that he thinks consistency is more important than shipping on time.

37 minutes ago, ParamagicFF said:

I can't say I HATED it, but I also wasn't a huge fan. I actually really like his other work, but for some reason it didn't fit well into this universe. 

There are plenty of artists out there, even some whom have worked with Remender in the past, that I think would be great to rotate arcs with.

Esad Ribic, Tony Moore (also notoriously slow), and Phil Noto all come to mind. 

I'm really surprised Remender let this happen. He has spoken about delays in previous books causing sales declines, and seems to be in the midst of a big branding push with his Giant Generator label. It looks like he is deservedly becoming a pillar in the Image family. Maybe trades have become such a large part of sales that he thinks consistency is more important than shipping on time.

Does he respond to tweets?