• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven to Eternity Thread
2 2

205 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Does he respond to tweets?

He used to all the time. I believe as demands on his time have increased, his response rates have somewhat decreased.

It also seems as a rule he does not discuss things involving his co-creators other than to show off their work or praise them. Admirable in a way.

I will have to say I don't think there are too many guys who value and enjoy their fans as much as Remender. We've had a few exchanges over the years that were what I would call personal and human. 

I think it’ll be July as remender and Opeña are sharing covers and art on insta/Twitter. I’m at the point of giving up if not thoigh. I know Opeña art is incredible and takes time, but this will be what, 8 months since the last issue? 

3 hours ago, Steven Haskayne said:

I think it’ll be July as remender and Opeña are sharing covers and art on insta/Twitter. I’m at the point of giving up if not thoigh. I know Opeña art is incredible and takes time, but this will be what, 8 months since the last issue? 

Going to sell off my S2E #1's I think this series is dead. 

July 18 looks like release date for issue #10.  Not an ideal schedule, but the art, in particular, is still awesome.  An amazing world to explore.  

I wonder if they gave any thought to handling it like Black Hammer, with some side series to expand and keep readers engaged while the main series catches up.  

E38AFD52-BCB2-4C8E-BA09-F0C62299D01C.jpeg

17 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Not sure if Black Hammer is much better. 

Both series are pretty frustrating.   But Seven to Eternity is definitely more irritating.

Patrick

Black Hammer is in the middle of a planned and announced hiatus. I wish it had continued monthly as well, but at least fans were informed. Maybe it could have been made more clear if some people didn't catch the announcements. 

Seven to Eternity on the other hand, is simply in the middle of a gigantic delay. No creators discussed it ahead of time, and there have been several false starts about when it would be back.

I suppose I’m more used to the literature market...my namesake being from the Kingkiller Chronicles.  I’ve been waiting for the the third book in that series since 2011. 

Six months or year-long waits don’t get to me anymore.  As long as the story keeps my interest.  But I certainly understand where you are coming from.  Comics seem to rely on consistency...it’ll be interesting to watch sales on this.  I still hope they have a few arcs left.  

On 18/04/2018 at 8:31 PM, ParamagicFF said:

Black Hammer is in the middle of a planned and announced hiatus. I wish it had continued monthly as well, but at least fans were informed. Maybe it could have been made more clear if some people didn't catch the announcements. 

Seven to Eternity on the other hand, is simply in the middle of a gigantic delay. No creators discussed it ahead of time, and there have been several false starts about when it would be back.

to be fair they put in the back matter always stated 4 months on and 4 off, but I agree the latest hiatus of 10 month is almost too long.  I'm guessing opena's art is very lengthy process, and I'm guessing that Remender has focussed on Deadly class now that it's getting a full series.  Annoying but worth the wait ultimately for opena.  

6 hours ago, Steven Haskayne said:

to be fair they put in the back matter always stated 4 months on and 4 off, but I agree the latest hiatus of 10 month is almost too long.  I'm guessing opena's art is very lengthy process, and I'm guessing that Remender has focussed on Deadly class now that it's getting a full series.  Annoying but worth the wait ultimately for opena.  

Im also guessing that Remender isn't betting on the floppy market so much anymore. I think he's made enough of a name for himself in the TPB world that he and his partners can afford to let the monthly sales slip because a large enough portion of their market buys trades. That probably takes some pressure off of him to keep his books regular.

I loved this book but I probably won't be back for the monthly releases.

17 hours ago, ParamagicFF said:

Im also guessing that Remender isn't betting on the floppy market so much anymore. I think he's made enough of a name for himself in the TPB world that he and his partners can afford to let the monthly sales slip because a large enough portion of their market buys trades. That probably takes some pressure off of him to keep his books regular.

I loved this book but I probably won't be back for the monthly releases.

So. that kind of got me thinking.  do they even need to do monthlies?  does it matter?

like if they did 1 or 2 prestige format "Graphic Novels" a year that would contain 1/2 or 1 full story arc (of about 4 issues / 60-90 pages), would they loose / gain money vs having a long hiatus on a monthly?