• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven to Eternity Thread
2 2

205 posts in this topic

I'm digging it so far. It definitely seems like a lot of universe to take on with all the spiritual powers and politics. I like that it seems to be taking itself a bit more seriously than Saga. Definitely see some similarities between the 2 in influences from Star Wars and the like.

I really do love the art though. The detail is coo with me and the color intensity works for the glowing creatures and powers well I think.

I read issue four - unsure if this is going to hold me past the first story arc (I assume six issues).

I can't put my finger on what, exactly, is going on here that is turning me off, but this book is... lacking something. I'm going to continue to think about it, but right now, I honestly can't pull up exactly what it lacks.... hell, maybe it's just me. I've read literally hundreds of fantasy and sci fi novels, and maybe things are just too derivative.

The pacing is strong, the art is very interesting, the dialog is... well, it's not bad, but it isn't Remender's best, so... yeah.

I agree that the art is something to see.

I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking this isn't a solid book, everyone working on it knows what they're doing. It just isn't clicking with me, I couldn't reference it in the same sentence with Saga.

I want to get through the content of the first trade at least, so I'll stick with it for a few more for sure.

I agree that the art is something to see.

I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking this isn't a solid book, everyone working on it knows what they're doing. It just isn't clicking with me, I couldn't reference it in the same sentence with Saga.

I want to get through the content of the first trade at least, so I'll stick with it for a few more for sure.

I didn't say it's as all around good and engrossing as Saga. Neither was Saga when it first started.

But it is Image's best overall work since then IMO. (thumbs u

-J.

The artistic styles are wildly different.

They both work for the world they're trying to convey. I personally prefer Staples and Saga, but I appreciate Opena's work here.

The problem, if I can touch it at all, is not in the art, it's on Remender's side.

If we are being generous it is "heavily influenced" or "nostalgically reminiscent", but you aren't wrong. Feels like we've maybe been to this strange new world before.

Just read issue #4. The majority of the book was good, especially the art, but part of it was overly preachy/political. Sometimes people think they're being subtle while swinging a sledgehammer and thats how the middle of the story felt. That was an unfortunate bit of sidetracking. Hopefully it was an anomaly and not the basis for the book. Going to give it another go with issue #5.

This book is definitely picking up some serious steam :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192055843745?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

Wow. I thought it would have stalled out at about $225.

Finished at $295. :o

-J.

Pretty impressive. I think CGC 9.8 BINs were at $100-150 just a couple weeks back.

Edited by aerischan

The guy bidding up that one with 3780 feedback, is the same guy who won this one for cheaper He has been pretty active in the handful of completed auctions I bothered to check and he has a few retractions.

I suppose it's possible someone just reeeeeally likes this book but... :P

Looks like that ultra high feedback bidder stopped at ~$250. (shrug) Two other bidders got at it to the final hammer of $295.

-J.

If we are being generous it is "heavily influenced" or "nostalgically reminiscent", but you aren't wrong. Feels like we've maybe been to this strange new world before.

Just read issue #4. The majority of the book was good, especially the art, but part of it was overly preachy/political. Sometimes people think they're being subtle while swinging a sledgehammer and thats how the middle of the story felt. That was an unfortunate bit of sidetracking. Hopefully it was an anomaly and not the basis for the book. Going to give it another go with issue #5.

The entire premise of this book is political, so I don't think that's going anywhere anytime soon.

The guy bidding up that one with 3780 feedback, is the same guy who won this one for cheaper He has been pretty active in the handful of completed auctions I bothered to check and he has a few retractions.

I suppose it's possible someone just reeeeeally likes this book but... :P

Looks like that ultra high feedback bidder stopped at ~$250. (shrug) Two other bidders got at it to the final hammer of $295.

-J.

Ultra High Feedback Bidder sounds like your spinning it so I'll just bow out, I pointed out something I thought was fishy, I didn't see a trustworthy bid in the top three in your auction...which is why I took 2 minutes to look at other results.

2c