• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seven to Eternity Thread
2 2

205 posts in this topic

If we are being generous it is "heavily influenced" or "nostalgically reminiscent", but you aren't wrong. Feels like we've maybe been to this strange new world before.

Just read issue #4. The majority of the book was good, especially the art, but part of it was overly preachy/political. Sometimes people think they're being subtle while swinging a sledgehammer and thats how the middle of the story felt. That was an unfortunate bit of sidetracking. Hopefully it was an anomaly and not the basis for the book. Going to give it another go with issue #5.

The entire premise of this book is political, so I don't think that's going anywhere anytime soon.

I thought it was going to be more of a revenge based story based on politics rather than a simply political book. I can see your point as I sit here and think about it.

I think lots of people have copies, a Remender + Opena book isn't likely to sneak up on anyone unawares. Based on the shops in my area, this wasn't exactly under ordered, but really, who knows what that means on a national level :shrug:

Still curious what the first arc is going to end on, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a big twist considering the conflict they're building up... and considering the fact that some of the exposition in the first four issues comes by way of a character's diary.

I think lots of people have copies, a Remender + Opena book isn't likely to sneak up on anyone unawares. Based on the shops in my area, this wasn't exactly under ordered, but really, who knows what that means on a national level :shrug:

Still curious what the first arc is going to end on, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a big twist considering the conflict they're building up... and considering the fact that some of the exposition in the first four issues comes by way of a character's diary.

Same thing happened with Saga 1 though. And look at that.

Anybody know the print run on the Cover A, more or less ?

-J.

1A has something like a 6,600 print run, that's not too many to go around regardless, especially if the story pans out and we're in for the long haul.

I'm thinking it's higher than that.

Comichron put the run of #1 at nearly 33k. So that would be about 8250 each cover since there were 4 covers. But the 4th cover; blank sketch, seemed to be announced late, so it could be that covers A, B, and C split a majority of the 33k print run with the sketch cover bringing up the rear.

May guess is that Cover A is probably closer to 10k print run for issue 1.

Comichron put the run of #1 at nearly 33k. So that would be about 8250 each cover since there were 4 covers. But the 4th cover; blank sketch, seemed to be announced late, so it could be that covers A, B, and C split a majority of the 33k print run with the sketch cover bringing up the rear.

Maybe higher? Iirc, an article mentioned Cover A still tends to get more orders when there are free to order variants.

Maybe higher? Iirc, an article mentioned Cover A still tends to get more orders when there are free to order variants.

hm Either way it looks to be a fraction of Saga 1...

-J.

hm Either way it looks to be a fraction of Saga 1...

-J.

We all know that it's typical to see quite a difference between the earliest 9.8 copies sold and the eventual equilibrium.

We're four issues in, who knows where this will settle... but I don't think this book is Saga.

Saga has created it's own mythology and, while it isn't really saying anything unique, it is saying it in a pretty interesting way. It's still really early, and Remender and company could still surprise me, but this feels like pretty standard sword and sorcery stuff to me.

Wow, just discovered what this book is doing on the secondary market.

I ended up buying like 4-5 copies of #1.

I know for sure I have at least 2 of the cover A.

I gotta double check tonight!

Edited by Erndog

Only an 8 page thread for the hottest new book of the last few months? That would suggest to me that not many people are reading it and are only flipping the books.

Full disclosure, I sold my last copy over a month ago, probably should've waited until about now but I'm predicting another Nowhere Men, Manifest Destiny, Sex Criminals, Monstress (pick the Fall/Winter Image bubble book) situation

Yeah but Monstress and 72E are both excellently written and illustrated.

It went 3 printings for #1 so far, people are reading it but the book was nearly $20 out the gate........

Pains me to say so, I'm a big Remender fan, but this isn't that well written (yet), and the story is thus far nothing special. We know he's capable of both feats - Deadly Class is better in almost every way than this book and no one cares too much about it even with potential for a television show.

This book is rising on 1) the art, 2) the 'dream team' attached to it - namely, the potential. And that's why I'm still reading it too, these guys are capable of great things.