• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree trying to sell art now?
3 3

229 posts in this topic

I like this page an awful lot - always saw it in the eBay listing at $100K but that did not feel inexpensive - would be very interesting to see what it would garner in a Heritage auction

oh, you mean a REAL auction? Not this BS masquarading as an auction. (thumbs u

I'm not going to waste my breath anymore about this silliness, as I have already been as open and honest as one can possibly be...but to put this issue to bed... the signed Lim Avenger's Gauntlet # 2 cover was in our possession and was sold in our last auction. Coollines forgot to remove it from their site...they have been alerted to this fact and it will be removed shortly. There has been no shilling on our part, and as I stated before just link Comiclink does we raised each and every lot to where the next bid would it any reserve that had not already been reached at the 24 hour period. As you all know...each and EVERY auction house has shill bids going on within its auctions. There is absoutly no way to avoid it. If one has an account at any auction house they cant bid on their own items, but whose to say they can't get a friend to help them out?? Thinking that this doesent happen everywhere is just not realistic. We DID NOT PLACE ONE BID ON ANY ITEM that was for sale in our art auction...beginning and end of story.

I'm not going to waste my breath anymore about this silliness, as I have already been as open and honest as one can possibly be...but to put this issue to bed... the signed Lim Avenger's Gauntlet # 2 cover was in our possession and was sold in our last auction. Coollines forgot to remove it from their site...they have been alerted to this fact and it will be removed shortly.

the issue with the "Lim" Avenger's Infinity Gauntlet #2 cover is that it's ink only art & Ron Lim didn't touch the page.

to quote Claudio on http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9652593#Post9652593

One way of helping to establish an honestly run auction would be to notify the buyer of this piece that Ron Lim was not involved in this piece.

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/v2/auction/comic_art/056410

Here is some pertinent information

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=48&Number=9614055&Searchpage=1&Main=417550&Words=gauntlet&topic=0&Search=true#Post9614055

Just thought I would chime in here... I worked with the consignor of this piece when he sold it through ComicLink in 2015. From the outset he was very clear that this piece was Florea's published ink art over a blueline of Lim's pencils. I even have an email exchange with him where he mentions that "Lim would not sell the pencils"... so, I am highly confident that our 2015 listing was in fact correct.

I would expect that the nature of this piece simply was not communicated to Pedigree by their consignor. I can't imagine that they would intentionally leave out this sort of info. Maybe they never even had the piece in their possession. Seems like they probably did not have possession of many of the items in the auction.

If the buyer of this piece is on the boards and wants to get more info on the piece, discuss it further, etc., please PM me or contact me directly at dgillock@comiclink.com

Edited by Twanj

I don't believe anyone here said Pedigree shilled. However, when you do business with the Donnelly's, people become skeptical. The fact that the Infinity Gauntlet piece was misrepresented, should raise some concerns for Pedigree.

Are you kidding me with these responses? I know a lot of people have issues with Doug and his past however, reading Randy's responses on here I would not even consider wasting my time on any original art from Pedigree. The lack of professionalism is incredible especially for a place that is starting a new venture. Go eat some burgers and go back to Mr. Lahey.

Are you kidding me with these responses? I know a lot of people have issues with Doug and his past however, reading Randy's responses on here I would not even consider wasting my time on any original art from Pedigree. The lack of professionalism is incredible especially for a place that is starting a new venture. Go eat some burgers and go back to Mr. Lahey.

Cheesburger walrus!!!

nuff said !!

honestly :

- doug = 1st alarm ringing

- if you add the donnely bros, well.....that's 2 bad signs in the same place, and 2 famous ones at that

so avoid these auctions at all cost

- doug = 1st alarm ringing

what's the issue? I've lost track, there's so many

and some posts ago, i don't remember who sid the donn' bros would take off the lim covers from their site.....but what are they waiting for, is it that hard to pull off a picture (it takes 2 clicks on CAF)

that may be annoying, but there's nothing wrong with it.

reserves not met, annoying, but nothing wrong with it.

misleading auction descriptions leading to sales 4x market value, that I have a problem with.

and some posts ago, i don't remember who sid the donn' bros would take off the lim covers from their site.....but what are they waiting for, is it that hard to pull off a picture (it takes 2 clicks on CAF)

that may be annoying, but there's nothing wrong with it.

When you've owned a piece that used to be theirs that stays on their site for years after as for sale, extremely annoying. It's also another one of their snake oil salesman tactics. You request prices on 5 pieces, 3 have sold but they'll try to sell you 10 other similar items.

Two preview listings in the upcoming auction...

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic_art/057301/the-hard-corps-14-painted-cover-original-art

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic_art/057300/turok-25-painted-cover-original-art

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these just color guide art? Photocopies of the original art water colored in house.

Not very good that they're being described as original cover art...

They look like color guides to me. Note their description is very deceptive because they never SAY it has the original pencils/inks underneath, they just let the reader assume it. I mean the piece is an original painting, but its a production piece.

Must say I saw at least a few prices which looked strong but reserve not met - really discourages bidding...if you are going to have reserve at least it should not be above market

I am looking at alot of pieces that seem above FMV but haven't met reserve. Are these being shilled to just under their reserves to get interest?

For example a cover is currently over 4 k.

For that price you could have picked the cover up / bought at dealer who had/ has it on his website.

Only 2 folks are bidding and price is over what the item is on dealers website, but reserve not reached.

nuff said

I am staying away...