• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree trying to sell art now?
3 3

229 posts in this topic

for instance

issue_image-000377.jpghttps://www.pedigreecomics.com/v2/auction/comic_art/056410

AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET #2 COVER ORIGINAL ART(Thanos crushes Marvel)

ROM LIM & SANDU FLOREA art team - signed by both

this sold about a year ago on Comic Link for $1200 to Cool lines. it's ink only art, nothing by Ron Lim on this page. I want to say Cool lines had it listed somewhere recently for $3800? I don't remember exactly. now it's at $4250 on Pedigree.

It's still available here:

http://www.coollinesartwork.com/featured.asp?Piece=303458

I'm wondering if such pieces ever were sent to PedigreeComics or if they all still are at Coollinesartwork. The scan looks identical on both websites. When buying from HA or CLink I think they always had the pieces in their hands, so they're able to check and investige the pieces if necessary.

If most of the pieces are still at the consignors, then PedigreeComics can do little to evaluate the pieces before the auction is over. I've always thought that the good thing about HA or CLink was that their art experts provided some security if there's something odd about a piece.

If you're sure Ron Lim didn't draw anything on this piece, then to me there's a serious error in the listing on Pedigreecomics - it directly states that Ron Lim is the primary artist of this particular piece.

On a side note over the years I've bought a few books from Doug, never had any trouble and I didn't pay more than usual compared to GPA prices - and Doug was very helpful.

Did I miss in the description where it says it's ink over blue line? I'd expect a reputable auction house to specifically call that out.....

it was in the description on Comic Link when it went for $1200 (which was why it went for that).

since then the price tripled & that got left off subsequent descriptions :(

I just want to add that I have owned three pieces for years now that Coollines has for sale on their website at the moment. Even then, I got one piece through Anthony Snyder, and two of them off eBay. Coollines also has at least one piece that is in Anthony Snyder's possession, and is for sale on eBay. (As a side note, Anthony has never taken down a piece from his site that I bought from him years ago.)

Jay, if you'd like to see the piece taken off of Anthony's site, let him know. I did last week and, within 24 hours, the piece I'd purchased was gone.

He shouldn't have to tell the dealer to take down the piece. It should be done immediately, or at least within a day or two at the outset.

This sort of "three card monty" garbage makes me really back off on buying from all but the major auction houses.

Period...

Edited by hippiecop

I was keeping my eye on the Red Sonja cover by Dell'Otto - it is probably better that there is a reserve on it now for $4500. If I got sucked into an auction war for it I may have gone wild where I think I will just pass now. I already have a Dell'Otto Red Sonja cover that I think is my favorite of the ones he's done.

Is anyone keeping tabs on what actually sells?

I'm gonna try to, if for nothing else to track future shenanigans.

Also, not sure which ones, but 3 items were removed from auction in the last few hours.

shenanigans_zpsqbgbhtgs.jpg

This thread is a hoot. Sort of shakes out most of what's grey area -at best- in this hobby all congregating at a single sale in a new auction venue :)

If this is what we can expect go forward -from the hobby and how it's perceived by opportunists- I can see a not so distant future where one or more BSD level newbies get taken pretty good to the point they make enough legal noise that a regulator will step in. Right now it's a free for all and we all appear ripe for the picking...and the pickers are coming out to play. Ironically...is anybody actually getting picked here? I think not lol .

56840 WOMAN WONDER 7 PAGE STORY-MAD #10-MAJOR GRAIL PIECE!!! $2,500 $924,000 4 Hr(s), 11 Min(s)

Of course there's the Mad WW story sitting at $924K

My bid of $2,500 didn't cut it...

Is that the one that features 'The Great Nivlem'?

Just out of curiosity does anyone know anything about the Amazing Spider-Man #583 variant cover that's in this auction?

Auction Link

It appears to be the same Obama figure from the first printing cover. I'm wondering if the Obama on this cover is a stat pasted on a board created just for this cover with the Lincoln Memorial being original art, or if it's the original Obama art and they put a patch of the Lincoln Memorial over the Spider-Man figure from the first printing cover.

Mike

Just out of curiosity does anyone know anything about the Amazing Spider-Man #583 variant cover that's in this auction?

Auction Link

It appears to be the same Obama figure from the first printing cover. I'm wondering if the Obama on this cover is a stat pasted on a board created just for this cover with the Lincoln Memorial being original art, or if it's the original Obama art and they put a patch of the Lincoln Memorial over the Spider-Man figure from the first printing cover.

the description says one thing but from everything else in this thread, I think you can expect the worst. & be paying 3-4x what's reasonable.

Auction Link

the description says one thing but from everything else in this thread, I think you can expect the worst. & be paying 3-4x what's reasonable.

So.... the whole thing (except for the Lincoln Memorial) is a Stat. (Phil is exceptionally quick at responding on Twitter, really one of the coolest and most approachable artists out there). Spidey is reduced and Obama is just a stat.

Randy, you may wish to ask your boss what Fraud in the inducement means. Describing this piece as "Spider-Man and Lincoln Memorial are original art drawn on one board. Obama is original art drawn on another board, trimmed and attached to the Spider-Man board. Logos and any other mechanicals were separately attached to cover. This historic cover art is also signed." is pretty far off base.

Auction Link

So.... the whole thing (except for the Lincoln Memorial) is a Stat. (Phil is exceptionally quick at responding on Twitter, really one of the coolest and most approachable artists out there). Spidey is reduced and Obama is just a stat.

Randy, you may wish to ask your boss what Fraud in the inducement means. Describing this piece as "Spider-Man and Lincoln Memorial are original art drawn on one board. Obama is original art drawn on another board, trimmed and attached to the Spider-Man board. Logos and any other mechanicals were separately attached to cover. This historic cover art is also signed." is pretty far off base.

Link to Phil's response?

I inquired about the piece yesterday, which is probably why the clarification showed up today in the description. This is what I was told:

All the characters and background are original art, NOT stats. Spidey and all other characters, props, background, etc. are all created with india ink. I checked that part thoroughly once before! Spidey, Lincoln and everything but Obama are on one base art board.

Obama is also art, but trimmed from some other board and attached into place for this iteration of the cover variants. I doubt there is any pencil art under Obama's inks. It looks more like a blue line original and since the Obamas on each of the variants are identical except for scaling and position, that make the most sense.

The logo and mechanicals are reproductions.

The cover is standard modern size.

Auction Link

Link to Phil's response?

I inquired about the piece yesterday, which is probably why the clarification showed up today in the description. This is what I was told:

All the characters and background are original art, NOT stats. Spidey and all other characters, props, background, etc. are all created with india ink. I checked that part thoroughly once before! Spidey, Lincoln and everything but Obama are on one base art board.

Obama is also art, but trimmed from some other board and attached into place for this iteration of the cover variants. I doubt there is any pencil art under Obama's inks. It looks more like a blue line original and since the Obamas on each of the variants are identical except for scaling and position, that make the most sense.

@giantsfan8110 The only new art, on a separate board, was the Lincoln Memorial. There is only one piece of original art; the rest is statted

— Phil Jimenez (@Philjimeneznyc) October 21, 2016

Auction Link

Link to Phil's response?

@giantsfan8110 The only new art, on a separate board, was the Lincoln Memorial. There is only one piece of original art; the rest is statted

— Phil Jimenez (@Philjimeneznyc) October 21, 2016

so do you guys take this as a mistake on their part, or deception?

I can see the Lim cover being a sin of omission, if Cool lines or whoever didn't tell them it was inks only, no pencils would Pedigree not know? I just feel bad someone is being took since this appears to be the only thing this auction actually that is meeting it's reserve (that I'm watching anyways).