• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my key golden age collection

42 posts in this topic

I'd be curious to know the grades on some of those, like the Marvel #1, Supes #1, and Bat #1. And is the Action #1 pictured there a previous copy you owned? I take it it was lower grade and/or restored?

Awesome set of books. It'd be a tough choice, whether I'd rather have all of those books or one of the nicer available Action #1's.

Do you also own a Detective #27?

yes, all those books were liquidated for a higher grade action 1

yes, i sold my detective 27 with this group[it wasnt pictured here]that went towards the action 1.the marvel 1 was ext restored........the sups 1 was ext rest[amature]....the bat 1 had moderate resto....the action 1 pictured was a previous one i owned and was in good- condition with colortouch....the all american 16 was a vgplus unrestored...a note,,the motion pictures funnies copie was a v.f solid,,i never found any resto on it,,but these were the pre slab days,,

there are 3 incredibley rare books here,,,famous funnies series 1[a gerber 10]

the big book of fun comics[gerber9]and motion pic funnies weekly [gerber 9]

the more fun 52 was trimmed...

Much as I'd like an Action 1, I think I'd like a Tec1-Tec27-AA16-MF52 and (low grade) Action 1 etc etc, more. What do you still own in other copies of the major keys? Do you regret having to part with that treasure chest? I think most of us here would come close to selling our souls for that little lot, trimming and amateur restoration included.

yes, all those books were liquidated for a higher grade action 1

yes, i sold my detective 27 with this group[it wasnt pictured here]that went towards the action 1.the marvel 1 was ext restored........the sups 1 was ext rest[amature]....the bat 1 had moderate resto....the action 1 pictured was a previous one i owned and was in good- condition with colortouch....the all american 16 was a vgplus unrestored...a note,,the motion pictures funnies copie was a v.f solid,,i never found any resto on it,,but these were the pre slab days,,

there are 3 incredibley rare books here,,,famous funnies series 1[a gerber 10]

the big book of fun comics[gerber9]and motion pic funnies weekly [gerber 9]

the more fun 52 was trimmed...

Wow ! 893whatthe.gif

I'm a BIG Timely fan and I could NEVER sell a Motion Picture Funnies Weekly # 1 !!!

An unrestored VF ? How much did you get for it ??? Was there trade involved?

popcorn.gif

hi//

it wasnt a trade,,i sold em all than used the proceeds for an action 1..

What was the grade on the 'Tec #1 and was there any resoration on your copy? I've always liked that book and it seems extremely tough to find in unrestored condition.

Myself, I would find it extremely tough to give up all of those keys to place all of your eggs in one basket. I guess the fact that a lot of them had some form of restoration made the decision a lot easier.

BTW: When were these transactions done......back in the 90's or was it more recent?

hi povertyrow

i had duplicates of action1,tec 38...but they were sold too...

i have no plans to recollect,ive already been there..i am now a superman Only collector...my ambitions...a world wide hunt for a better copy of action comics # 1.

i am always interested in that.

hi povertyrow

i have no plans to recollect,ive already been there..i am now a superman Only collector...my ambitions...a world wide hunt for a better copy of action comics # 1.

Interesting. I can relate. I used to own a VG/FN copt of Action 1 I got many years ago. While I do regret selling it I honestly have no flaming desire to reacquire it. Similar with pre-code horror. I used to have about 80% of all precode horror. Sold when I thought I was done with comics. Last 2-3 years have been back collecting - seeking only a single copy of each pre-code horror title but also found myself branching ionto GA Crime and also BA horror and BA superhoero with horror influence.

I still have mixed feelings about my Action 1 but it is no longer a burning desire. I owned one. Read it and read it. Sold it. Went on. But still, every so often my shoulders torque and I wince. crazy.gifgrin.gif

hi povertyrow

Interesting. I can relate. I used to own a VG/FN copt of Action 1 I got many years ago. While I do regret selling it I honestly have no flaming desire to reacquire it. Similar with pre-code horror. I used to have about 80% of all precode horror. Sold when I thought I was done with comics. Last 2-3 years have been back collecting - seeking only a single copy of each pre-code horror title but also found myself branching ionto GA Crime and also BA horror and BA superhoero with horror influence.

I still have mixed feelings about my Action 1 but it is no longer a burning desire. I owned one. Read it and read it. Sold it. Went on. But still, every so often my shoulders torque and I wince. crazy.gifgrin.gif

You should die a horrible, horrible death for selling your Action # 1 !!! makepoint.gif

But then, being a horror collector,...you'd probably enjoy that! 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

hi.gif