• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic pressing company recommendations

46 posts in this topic

There was a long thread discussing -- mostly praising -- Joey Post's pressing services that got zapped a year (or maybe two) ago. Apart from that, so far as I know, they haven't been zapping posts that recommend non-CCS pressing services.

They have, indeed, "zapped" other posts and threads that recommend non-CCS pressing services.

There was a long thread discussing -- mostly praising -- Joey Post's pressing services that got zapped a year (or maybe two) ago. Apart from that, so far as I know, they haven't been zapping posts that recommend non-CCS pressing services.

I wonder whether that seemingly differential treatment has anything to do with the fact that CFP Comics is the official pressing service of another company who shall remain nameless. hm;)

Absolutely. If I remember correctly, the 'I like Joeypost' thread was deleted and Harshen made a statement. IMO, right or wrong, it is simply a matter of common courtesy to not discuss other pressing services here. There are a number of Board pressers that keep a low profile without advertising their services on the Boards.

You two must be attorneys...

lawyers-fighting-fight-club-300x199.jpg

:hi: Hi, I'm RMA. Have we met? :D

(I wish you posted more. Life's been pretty busy for you lately...?)

HA! Yeh, just finished our house. It's been a crazy year but it's settling down a bit. I'll be around the funny book boards a little more often now. (thumbs u

Delete this thread

No need to delete this thread, you did nothing wrong . RMA is full of it, you have every right to ask about comic pressing company recommendations. There is nothing inappropriate about your post . It is total nonsense that " you're not free to ask for, " nor are you " have others promote, the services of the CCG's competitors on the CCG board." Utter and complete garbage. It is totally appropriate to ask for comic pressing companies as much as it is for someone to respond that one of the companies that presses is part of the CCG companies. Ask away and ignore people that think they are the stewards of the forum and CCG.

Delete this thread

No need to delete this thread, you did nothing wrong . RMA is full of it, you have every right to ask about comic pressing company recommendations. There is nothing inappropriate about your post . It is total nonsense that " you're not free to ask for, " nor are you " have others promote, the services of the CCG's competitors on the CCG board." Utter and complete garbage. It is totally appropriate to ask for comic pressing companies as much as it is for someone to respond that one of the companies that presses is part of the CCG companies. Ask away and ignore people that think they are the stewards of the forum and CCG.

Interesting.

So, the director of operations at CGC posts a thread saying "promotion of competition isn't allowed."

CCS presses comic books, among other activities.

CCS is part of the same company as CGC, and they both deal with the comic book side of the business.

The board administration has actively deleted both threads and posts that promote CCS' competition.

Meanwhile, people post threads that ultimately results in the promotion of CCS' competition.

Huh.

:popcorn:

Is this where I say "tomega is full of it, and you should ignore people who encourage others to disregard the explicit requests and considerations of our host"...?

hm

Keeping in mind that this was the post that was so incredibly offensive:

Since this message board is hosted by the Certified Collectibles Group, of which Classic Collectibles Service is a part, it would be inappropriate to use this board to promote their competition.

Matt Nelson is the finest in the business, and more than qualified to handle your needs.

:popcorn:

Delete this thread

No promotion of competitors

(shrug)

And, as has been mentioned already, posts about pressing by joeypost have been removed.

Ambiguity is a problem but that's always a problem with message board administration