• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUMANJI starring Dwayne Johnson (12/20/17)

62 posts in this topic

The Rock Says New Jumanji Is Not A Reboot

jumanji-dom-JMNJ_Digital_1SHT_TSR_711x10

zpeRbCY.png

When the new Jumanji project was announced, many fans of the original assumed that the new film would be another in a long list of Hollywood reboots.

The Rock, otherwise known as Dwayne Johnson, wants to put those fears to rest. In a recent Instagram post that he used to close out his filming of Fast & Furious 8, the actor clarified that this is, in fact, a continuation of the franchise.

"And now in two weeks I'll reunite with ol' friends Kevin Hart & Jack Black and we have the honor to introduce a whole new generation to the amazing world of #JUMANJI. *(for the record we are NOT making a reboot, but rather a continuation of the awesome JUMANJI story). It's also crazy to me how much me, Kev and Jack look like triplets when we're together. Man this is gonna be FUN."

As he mentioned in his post, The Rock will star in Jumanji alongside Kevin Hart (Central Intelligence) and Jack Black (Goosebumps), but the film is also rumored to include Nick Jonas (Scream Queens). The project will be directed by Jake Kasdan.

Jumanji sets down in theaters on July 28th, 2017.

Edited by Bosco685

“Jumanji” Gets More Actors & Set Videos

jumanji-gets-more-actors-and-set-videos.jpg

Alex Wolff (“The Naked Brothers Band”), Ser’Darius Blain, Madison Iseman and Morgan Turner have joined the cast of the high-profile “Jumanji” sequel at Sony Pictures.

The project is being dubbed a continuation of the Robin Williams-led 1995 film adaptation of the Chris Van Allsburg book. The new film puts a new spin on the game itself, reversing the first film’s conceit by pulling players into its jungle environment instead.

It seems the film’s key stars Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan play the avatars of the kids actually playing the Jumanji game in the film. The new four will playing said kids – Blain is represented by Dr. Smolder Bravestone (Johnson), Madison Iseman is Moose Finbar (Hart), Alex Wolff is Ruby Roundhouse (Gillan) and Turner is Professor Shelly Oberon (Black).

That's an interesting spin on the original story.

Did The Rock Tease Major Jumanji Plot Detail On Instagram?

9yzNW3D.jpg

The synopsis of the film revealed that this movie will take place inside the game's jungle. When the kids are sent into the board, they become adult versions of themselves. These iterations will be played by the actors. So, while the first movie took place in the real world, with the creatures from the game unleashed on the characters, the new Jumanji will follow characters into the jungle itself.

This week, The Rock posted a new picture from the set. The photo consists of him riding a motorcylce while holding a flame-thrower. In the text of the post, the actor posted a cryptic hashtag that could reveal a major plot point.

#TheMostDangerousGameOfAll. What's that all about?

The Most Dangerous Game is a short story written by Richard Connell in 1924, and it tells the tale of humans that hunt other humans for sport. Since we are believed to be the smartest animals on the planet, the people are referred to as "the most dangerous game."

They still have the Jumanji factory mural where they filmed the original in Keene, NH. Everytime I cross the circle there, I think about the CG animals that ran amok there two decades ago. lol

Awesome! Any pics?

“Jumanji” Gets More Actors & Set Videos

jumanji-gets-more-actors-and-set-videos.jpg

Alex Wolff (“The Naked Brothers Band”), Ser’Darius Blain, Madison Iseman and Morgan Turner have joined the cast of the high-profile “Jumanji” sequel at Sony Pictures.

The project is being dubbed a continuation of the Robin Williams-led 1995 film adaptation of the Chris Van Allsburg book. The new film puts a new spin on the game itself, reversing the first film’s conceit by pulling players into its jungle environment instead.

It seems the film’s key stars Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan play the avatars of the kids actually playing the Jumanji game in the film. The new four will playing said kids – Blain is represented by Dr. Smolder Bravestone (Johnson), Madison Iseman is Moose Finbar (Hart), Alex Wolff is Ruby Roundhouse (Gillan) and Turner is Professor Shelly Oberon (Black).

That's an interesting spin on the original story.

I LOVED the movie as a kid. I believe I was 12 when It hit theaters. I always wanted to see a Jumanji movie that took place in the actual Jumanji jungle, but the whole avatar thing makes absolutely no sense to me. This looks more comedic than dramatic, which I'm not sure how I feel about. If they can find a good balance of both, then count me in!

JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE Early Reactions Hit The Web

With Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle charging into theaters in less than a month, the first wave of early reactions to the reboot have started to make their rounds on social media. While we'll likely have to wait a bit longer for official reviews, you can check out what some of critics are saying about the film after early screenings.

Surprisingly, it's all mostly positive with many praising Jack Black who plays a teenage girl stuck in, well, Jack Black's overweight, hairy body. Of course, the rest of the cast - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Kevin Hart, and Karen Gillan - also receive their due.

UNWOfE0.png

NTkJFGh.png

pbKOYsJ.png

7LZcIZQ.png

Scott Mendleson says a movie did something right?!

:whatthe:

FORBES.COM Movie Review: 'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Plays To Win

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a solid example of a brand revival done right. It isn't a new genre classic, but it is pulpy, enjoyable, and often clever kid-friendly entertainment that doesn't remotely depend on nostalgia or IP awareness for impact. It is a fun movie whether you love, hate or have no strong feelings about the 1995 Jumanji (or the 1981 children's book on which it was based), and it stands on its own two feet as a stand-alone adventure rooted in video game tropes and iconography. Like John Wick, Edge of Tomorrow or Run Lola Run, the Sony release is a good video game movie that isn't actually based on a video game.

First, this adventure reverses the core concept of the original book/movie. If the first Jumanji was about the perils of a board game jumping out of the game and into the real world, this one involves four high schoolers sucked into the world of Jumanji and forced to "win the game." It may be a simple switch, but it's one that ensures that this sequel doesn't look or feel at all like its predecessor. And aside from a few loose references to the first film, this one is entirely self-sustaining. My six-year-old has never seen the first movie, but he enjoyed this one just fine.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is polished, mostly successful and always entertaining meat-and-potatoes entertainment. It's a solid three-star studio programmer, with fun characters, enjoyable movie star turns, clever setpieces and a nuts-and-bolts competence that is the kind of image that Sony needs to be projecting these days. It's the kind of kid-targeted and (comparatively) responsibly budgeted "big" movie that Sony could well make its stock and trade if they so choose.

And it's a fine example of taking a property that didn't need a revamp and justifying another trip. My six-year-old son had a blast, and your sons and daughters probably will too. Whether or not it will inspire generational fandom equivalent to the previous movie, it is good enough and different enough to stand side-by-side with its predecessor.

I saw an advanced screening on Thursday and it was very good.  Jack Black did steal the movie and had the rolling.  Definetely not the deepest movie but will definetely resonate with teens and kids.  I’d probably not see it again but I’d recommend it for a Christmas break flick.

Saw it tonight with the family. A packed house!

A really funny movie overall. All four actors played well off of each other. But especially Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart, like straight out of 'Central Intelligence'. They work so well together.

Kevin Hart drops a few curses here and there. But definitely a solid family fun time.