• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2 starring Keanu Reeves (2/10/17)

76 posts in this topic

It's just a F@&$'n dog..... ?

(tsk)

John Wick: Viggo.

Viggo Tarasov: Yeah?

John Wick: When Helen died, I lost everything. Until that dog arrived on my doorstep... A final gift from my wife... In that moment, I received some semblance of hope... an opportunity to grieve unalone... And your son... took that from me.

Viggo Tarasov: Oh, God.

John Wick: Stole that from me... *Killed that from me*! People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back. So you can either hand over your son or you can die screaming alongside him!

John Wick: Chapter 2 Review

John Wick: Chapter 2 brings back Keanu Reeves and one of the directors of the first film, Chad Stahelski - with co-director David Leitch having moved on to Deadpool 2. There is a noticeable difference in the sequel, with Stahelski bringing a much more raw, and stunt-focused form of action, without some of the smoother cinematic polish and choreography of the first film. That's not to say different is worse: John Wick: Chapter 2 has a lot more fun with the material than the first film did, and the enjoyment translates into the viewing experience.

Stahelski wisely invests in the aspects of the first film that audiences responded to the most: namely, the robust world and mythos that the characters inhabit, and the stylistic (sometimes comedic) over-the-top violent fight sequences. John Wick: Chapter 2 smartly expands on the underworld culture John and Co. live in, offering viewers an international extension that stretches to Rome, as well as more locales in the New York City market. These world-building moments continue to be smartly designed and fun to visit, and keep the film intriguing, even when the bullets aren't flying.

All in all, John Wick: Chapter 2 isn't as narratively simple and streamlined as the first film, but with even more creative and hard-hitting action sequences, few fans will be left complaining. If you liked the first installment, this sequel is not to be missed. 

Edited by Bosco685