• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non-Four Color Dells
4 4

516 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

24262429956_ea254f465e_c.jpg

My younger brother and I put together a pretty decent run of these from church sales, garage sales and flea markets back in the early seventies for nickels and dimes. We loved to read them but the painted covers were always amazing to see!

3 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

My younger brother and I put together a pretty decent run of these from church sales, garage sales and flea markets back in the early seventies for nickels and dimes. We loved to read them but the painted covers were always amazing to see!

I've had that book since 1975 (part of 300 comics I bought from someone) and I've never read it...It's in really nice condition though...:acclaim:

13 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I've had that book since 1975 (part of 300 comics I bought from someone) and I've never read it...It's in really nice condition though...:acclaim:

I'd highly recommend reading some of these; fun stories, great art and proof that, "Dell Comics are Good Comics!"

Going through storage the other day and found my vintage official 

unofficial all the Dells you need to know about Dells checklist non-4 color plus plus. First page pretty fun.  I love old fanzines! It does have all of the four colors as well but I didn't scan them yet.IMG_2882.thumb.JPG.80439aec6014bbdacf4024548ed31fc9.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

On 6/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, Cobbledclam said:

Going through storage the other day and found my vintage official 

unofficial all the Dells you need to know about Dells checklist non-4 color plus plus. First page pretty fun.  I love old fanzines! It does have all of the four colors as well but I didn't scan them yet.IMG_2882.thumb.JPG.80439aec6014bbdacf4024548ed31fc9.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

Great post! You should consider putting a link to this or re-posting in the Dell Four Color thread. I bought a collection of Don and Maggie's Beautiful Balloons mimeo fanzine years ago. They are an interesting study in the early days of comics fandom. Fun to see some of those names on the conributor's list. @Yellow Kid did you see this?

In the early days of the hobby, information was scarce on numbering and titles.  Even the people who didn't like a price guide from Bob Overstreet bought a copy for the information.  Just imagine that you collected early Dell Four Color comics and found the same number used more than once for different titles, it was very confusing.  But dealers and/or stores starting printing price lists and the information from the various sources was integrated.  The early price guides even listed the titles of the Mickey Mouse serials and in which issues of WDCS they appeared.