• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Women in Peril Covers
5 5

909 posts in this topic

I recently came across this ad in a book I was flipping through. This book would certainly fit in well in this thread but it doesn't seem to exist. 

Does anyone know anything about it? Maybe the cover image appeared in a Black Cat story in a different book? 

Screen shot 2017-10-17 at 3.44.04 PM.png

41 minutes ago, BriD. said:

I recently came across this ad in a book I was flipping through. This book would certainly fit in well in this thread but it doesn't seem to exist. 

Does anyone know anything about it? Maybe the cover image appeared in a Black Cat story in a different book?

Looks like it could be an interior splash panel from Speed Comics that was retooled for the ad? That would track with it showing Black Cat + multiple heroes. Just a guess though.

31 minutes ago, Point Five said:
1 hour ago, BriD. said:

Looks like it could be an interior splash panel from Speed Comics that was retooled for the ad? That would track with it showing Black Cat + multiple heroes. Just a guess though.

Boy Heroes were a back-up feature in some issues of All-New, but Boy Heroes 1 was never published, although it appeared in Harvey house ads.  This was from the period in which Harvey canceled Stuntman after two issues and Boy Explorers after only one issue (although Stuntman 3 and Boy Explorers 2 were published as small size b&w issues that were mailed to subscribers).  I've never seen an explanation of what happened at Harvey during that period that caused them to whack these books.  I assume sales were poor, but they must have been really feeble to have killed BE after just one issue.

1 hour ago, BriD. said:

Screen shot 2017-10-17 at 3.44.04 PM.png

It is too bad it was never printed as that is an awesome cover!