• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLEANED OUT Silver & Bronze age raw... MEGA RE-CAP in first post!

1,693 posts in this topic

In addition to the Phase III books currently listed, there are these remaining books from previous phases for sale at 60% of the listed prices below...

You cannot resist me...

hypnotic-frog.gif

Updated list:

MEGA RE-CAP! All BOOKS FROM PAST SALES listed below are yours for 60% OFF of the listed price!

I have linked to the specific pages. If you are using a custom paging setting, this may not work for you.

Also please make sure to look at the specific book you want to purchase. There may be condition notes listed in the posting...

Page 61

Captain Marvel 48 NM- $10

Captain Marvel 51 NM- $10

Captain Marvel 52 VF/NM $8

Page 68

Thor 182 VG/F $5

Thor 184 F $8

Page 69

Thor 189 F+ $10

Page 73

Thor 242 VF- $5

Page 75

Thor 287 VF/NM $3

Thor 289 NM- $5

Page 88

Howard the Duck magazine 2 NM- $15

Howard the Duck magazine 3 VF+ $10

Howard the Duck magazine 4 NM- $15

Howard the Duck magazine 5 NM- $15

Howard the Duck magazine 7 NM- $15

Howard the Duck magazine 8 NM- $15

Howard the Duck magazine 9 VF/NM $12

Page 90

Fantastic Four 68 VG $5

Fantastic Four 69 VG- $5

Fantastic Four 73 VG+ $20

Page 91

Fantastic Four 78 a VG+ $8

Fantastic Four 78 b F $12

Fantastic Four 79 VG/F $10

Fantastic Four 80 F- $10

Fantastic Four 81 F- $10

Fantastic Four 83 VG $5

Fantastic Four 84 F- $10

Page 92

Fantastic Four 93 VG $5

Fantastic Four 96 F- $10

Page 93

Fantastic Four 100 VG/F $40

Page 94

Fantastic Four 106 VG $5

Fantastic Four 109 VF+ $20

Fantastic Four 111 F- $8

Page 95

Fantastic Four 114 F $5

Fantastic Four 115 F $5

Fantastic Four 117 F- $4

Page 98

Fantastic Four King Size Special 12 VF $8

Fantastic Four King Size Special 13 F $6

Page 103

Strange Tales 132 VG/F $30

Strange Tales 137 VG $12

Page 104

Strange Tales 153 G+ $5

Strange Tales 155 VG $6

Page 106

Doctor Strange 19 VF/NM $10

Doctor Strange 24 VF/NM $10

Doctor Strange 26 VF+ $8

Doctor Strange 27 VF/NM $10

Doctor Strange 29 VF $5

I'll take DD 158 and 168

You sir suck! :kidaround:

9i6LId3.gif

You slept on the Defenders 1, IMO that is a solid/quick $75 BIN....and GS Defenders is a $100 , fairly easy BIN, as well.The Defenders 10 looks very nice for a VF, odds are the BC needs to be cleaned and the book pressed....bumps it up to a $100 raw book.

Not to mention the other Defenders are all good for 100% mark ups as they are..picture frames in VF/NM...early Valykrie covers.....Hawkeye covers in grade.

I'd buy them all, if I wasn't already buying BA/SA from Cheese and everywhere else I can.

Driving 90 miles to MD today to buy some SA/BA....lots of HG on the cheap but ugh, it all adds up.

dont know where you are finding buyers at 100% markup, these books were listed at current market values. Defenders 10 sells for $75 slabbed in a 9.0 CGC case all day long. Bronze age books are far more common in mid-grade than a comparable silver/golden age, and maybe you're making the mistake of thinking VF bronze age is equivalently valuable but they are not. Not trying to mess up this thread but your numbers are just wrong, sorry. Inducing panic buying is not how you keep a stable marketplace.

Inducing panic?

Nope, I am just pointing out that these books are good values and that Cheesefrog is an upstanding seller.I have no horse in this rac............. if anything, I should not be making such observations as that would make other boardies a bit wiser and lessen my chance at being first on calling books that I want :gossip:

My numbers are accurate, I have been buying/selling at cons/shows and ebay for about 20 years...check ebay completed sales for Defenders 10 as a point of reference.You will be very hard pressed to find accurately graded VF copies of the book selling at $25.

Hulk battle covers have always been in demand.Look at Journey Into Mystery 112 (any/all grades) and Fantastic Four #10,#25,#26 (any/all grades)....the buyers that can't afford these bigger ticket SA books love buying a comparable BA book like Defenders 10 in VF

Defenders has long been an under valued book, which has been picking up steam since the Netflix deal came through....and black picture frame covers have always sold well in VF or better (raw or slabbed...but at crazy multiples when slabbed in 9.4 or better)....so raw copies in VF/better have no problem catching $20 or so.Same applies to covers with other in demand characters on covers... to female heroes like Valkyrie and popular characters like Hawkeye.

Defenders 10 sells for $50 raw, easily, when it is a solid VF...as Cheese's Defenders 12 is.

As long as the seller has a good track record on ebay, uploads FC and BC scans, a seller can get an easy $50 (on the low end) for a VF Defenders 10 via BIN, without having to wait more than a week to sell it.

A Defenders 10 CGC 8.0 recently sold for about $90, for comparison (which was high, GPA average is about $65 in 8.0)....you're right that slabbed 9.0's sell for $90 all day long.

The rest of the Defenders I mentioned that Cheese posted all sell at/around Overstreet in VF/higher.

Hell, I am spending a couple hundred with Cheese now thru this thread.Now am I saying that all of the books I refernced (and others I am buying from VCheese) are eazy-peezy 100% markups?

Not quite but as a general rule, all of his books are listed at below fair market value, which is a pretty vague term to begin with but no point in splitting hairs.

If you want to make a profit, it takes more time/patience/work to sell books at cons/ebay than on this board.

Cheese has a good approach to selling on here, he prices books to move quickly and buyers makeup stacks...instead of selling via piece meal sales on ebay/at cons.

Virtually all of the raw SA/BA books I buy have to be dry cleaned/pressed...or at least dry cleaned, to sell on ebay.

The Defenders 10 that Cheese posted and graded at VF is a very nice/above average VF, judging by the FC scan...the BC of that book has a white background...that is a 1/2 hour dry cleaning project right there, more than likely....and if I wanted to dry clean the BC and press it...I could probably get a CGC 9.2 out of it.Or a raw 9.2 candidate, to sell raw at a BIN at well above a 100% markup.

Even a half arsed dry cleaning of the BC, 10 minutes or so just to do away with any larger dirt areas/stacking dirt along spine, would signifigantly increase its' eye appeal for an ebay BIN listing.

Come on bro, Cheese listed a fair/complete copy of Fantastic Four 49 (or 50, I forget) for all of $5 in this thread last week.That's a solid $25 book, all day long, as is.

He lists books like that to hook up buyers and they come back for more, I certainly do.

All of what I said is just giving credit to another boardie (Cheesefrog) where credit is due, to call my post as "inducing panic buying"....to qoute Obama on Trump's validity as our future POTUS......"come on , man."

No offense taken but ya know I am right. :foryou:

Three cheers for Cheese!

You keep implying that I don't think Cheese is an awesome seller, which I never said at any point. He is a great guy to deal with and I have already spent over $500 in this thread. If you want to debate market prices about various books I would be glad to do it in some other form but this is not the place.

I appreciate the compliments folks! I do like to move a lot of books, and if folks get a good deal along the way, then its a win for both parties.

Lets keep it going! Going to get these Warlocks out of the way really quickly before moving onto some fun stuff...