• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much longer until the the registry is fixed ?

43 posts in this topic

I'm not advocating at all, but these responses are so narrow minded.

Think about the benefits of having an all encompassing registry for your collection. One stop shop for either grading company.

Some people buy both. It would make sense to have both, and easier to display.

Only other real place to display your collection is myslabbedcomics. Which is nice, but it's not a registry

CBCS offering a mixed registry doesn't surprise me one bit. Heck, it seems they'll do whatever it takes for that extra edge.

Oh ... and yes, let me remind all why I don't give 2 mess for CBCS.

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/v2/inventory/comic/055863

8.5. Seriously !!? Seriously !!?

CBCS offering a mixed registry doesn't surprise me one bit. Heck, it seems they'll do whatever it takes for that extra edge.

Great example to not deal with their SS program

There are so many spine ticks, one doesn't even notice the sig. Furthermore, CBCS is what, 2 years old ? Book was signed 5 years ago. :facepalm:

There are so many spine ticks, one doesn't even notice the sig. Furthermore, CBCS is what, 2 years old ? Book was signed 5 years ago. :facepalm:

Yup, their SS program is a joke. Which makes the entire company questionable. Will have to wait and see where integrity gets built/destroyed.

Competition is a healthy thing, and to think, CGC might have never changed their new case design if it weren't for having competition

I agree, 8.0 tops. And what a terrible location for a signature. A truly fugly book.

And while they're consistently loose, the looseness is all over the spectrum. Your example is one of the worst I've seen as it looks like a 6.5, 7.0 to me. I have 3 CBCS books I'm sending to CGC because I think they're a second rate service.

We haven't "swept it under the rug" and forgot about it. Steps are being taken. A course of action is being put in place.

FYI: your competitors are working on a registry capability. Perhaps you can find new ways to motivate them :)

4OL_H4H2Dtc.jpg

Honestly, I can't complain about the registry. It could be worse. It could be like any sportscard registry where it's much less competitive. I've been begging SGC (Sportscard Guarantee) to adapt to a point based registry, like CGC's, for a long time.

The CGC registry point system is completely outdated/innacurate for a LOT of books. Hence the "this score needs fixing" threads.

That is exactly what I would like to see become active again and the observation I made about it being kept updated seen through.

I love the registry because it's a way to show insurance companies I'm the sole owner of a book. No one else can have my books without my okay/removal. I have my own database of my comics with receipts, scans, value, etc. But it's nice to know I can rely on CGC to help me in this respect should I need it in the future (gawd I hope not lol ). The point system I don't really care about anymore, I'd care more if we could filter registry points based on eras; GA, SA, BA, CA, MA. Then I'd care about the points as I'd like to know where I rank against other MA collectors with less than 50 books under my belt.

Plus I like building my own custom sets too. Sometimes it's a headache when you can't find recent high grade books, but nice seeing your own creation/idea grow over time (thumbs u

I can only imagine how much effort goes into updating the Registry. I'm going to throw out an extreme idea that is sure to get abolished, but must be mentioned regardless: What if CGC contracts out some board members to get trained on and help insert these 50 categories per book? Heck, we are such a strong and passionate group, I'm sure people would do it on the cheap, a few even for free. Or, offer discounts on submissions for those who help keep the registry updated *gasp!* That is assuming you have a VPN connection available for those not in Sarasota.

:popcorn:

Jerome

I love the registry because it's a way to show insurance companies I'm the sole owner of a book. No one else can have my books without my okay/removal. I have my own database of my comics with receipts, scans, value, etc. But it's nice to know I can rely on CGC to help me in this respect should I need it in the future (gawd I hope not lol ). The point system I don't really care about anymore, I'd care more if we could filter registry points based on eras; GA, SA, BA, CA, MA. Then I'd care about the points as I'd like to know where I rank against other MA collectors with less than 50 books under my belt.

Plus I like building my own custom sets too. Sometimes it's a headache when you can't find recent high grade books, but nice seeing your own creation/idea grow over time (thumbs u

I can only imagine how much effort goes into updating the Registry. I'm going to throw out an extreme idea that is sure to get abolished, but must be mentioned regardless: What if CGC contracts out some board members to get trained on and help insert these 50 categories per book? Heck, we are such a strong and passionate group, I'm sure people would do it on the cheap, a few even for free. Or, offer discounts on submissions for those who help keep the registry updated *gasp!* That is assuming you have a VPN connection available for those not in Sarasota.

Jerome

Very much seconded. Registry as insurance repository = awesome. And I'd be happy to invest a little spare time in putting my Bachelors in Computer Science to work once more. Beats letting it gather more dust.

Jerome

That's is a great idea! (thumbs u

I love the registry because it's a way to show insurance companies I'm the sole owner of a book. No one else can have my books without my okay/removal.

Jerome

I don't think this statement is necessarily true. First off, the integrity of the registry is skewed and is based on an honesty system. Personally, I keep my own collection accurate but many don't. People move their books and simply leave them in their registry, I see it all the time. Want to add something to your registry and garner that top spot? Just grab a cert off of Clink and plug it in, it usually works. Want someone else's book in your registry ? Just add it to yours and if the other party doesn't respond, you got it ! I would be surprised if the insurance companies took the registry as proof of ownership because it isn't. I like the registry for what it is attempting to accomplish but it is woefully neglected. Sorry.

I love the registry because it's a way to show insurance companies I'm the sole owner of a book. No one else can have my books without my okay/removal.

Jerome

I don't think this statement is necessarily true. First off, the integrity of the registry is skewed and is based on an honesty system. Personally, I keep my own collection accurate but many don't. People move their books and simply leave them in their registry, I see it all the time. Want to add something to your registry and garner that top spot? Just grab a cert off of Clink and plug it in, it usually works. Want someone else's book in your registry ? Just add it to yours and if the other party doesn't respond, you got it ! I would be surprised if the insurance companies took the registry as proof of ownership because it isn't. I like the registry for what it is attempting to accomplish but it is woefully neglected. Sorry.

It's pretty legit if you include scans of the books along with cert numbers and descriptions. Picture is the ultimate proof.

Jerome

It's pretty legit if you include scans of the books along with cert numbers and descriptions. Picture is the ultimate proof.

And what's stopping one from grabbing a pic from Clink or Heritage of a book that is not yours ? I'm not saying this is a rampant practice but it does happen. I am saying the registry is not proof you own a book.