• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby "Signature Series" comic for sale...

120 posts in this topic

But what two sigs are you guys and the OP talking about?

This one (Mods, I am posting this for purposes of the signature, not the label. If this is a problem please just let me know and I can crop the label or remove the image as you wish)

RADC11E02016927_155955.jpg

I'm sure it's fake, but according to their super expensive, awesome website, they now only differentiate between verified sigs and witnessed sigs by text.

Also, it should be noted they verify their own sigs....lol.....

Screenshot%202016-09-28%2010.12.56.jpg

I like how it says "we" like there's more than one guy working out of his mom's basement.

I'm sure it's fake, but according to their super expensive, awesome website, they now only differentiate between verified sigs and witnessed sigs by text.

I like how it says "we" like there's more than one guy working out of his mom's basement.

There is at least 3.

Buddy of mine has a Mr. A comic signed by Ditko.

Showed some pics of it the guys from Voldemort at Megaton this year.

They actually have the sigs verified by an outside group that is very respectable.

Told me at the time they only had 2 Ditko sigs that were verified.

I think I will be dropping off the book at NYCC next week to see what happens.

There is at least 3.

Does this count DJBRADY4U who gets to borrow his equipment to encapsulate his own books at much inflated grades and self witnessed signatures?

I read a story where someone visited the Marvel offices in Manhattan and Stan Lee pulled Ditko out of his office to sign a couple signatures with him. Tried doing a google search but couldn't find it.

The guy and his brother only got pieces of paper signed from them, but is it possible that someone brought comics by?

I guess Ditko's been doing a lot of signings recently lol

RAD9FAF12016927_155725.jpg

I'm sorry but this is a bunch of BaLogNa. Really a bunch of shiite. The silver ink now?? C'mon. PGX must give it up. The first thing in the other book, along with this book, is the Stan's sig. When he signed back in the day, it was neater, smaller, and NOT like they are on these books. These are current Stan sigs. Yes, on another planet Ditko could've have signed these years ago, with a fat Sharpie, too. On the cover no less??? All of the sudden multiple copies of dual signed books come up. They are seriously BUGGIN''''' with these books!!!! I rarely say this, but they should Stop. It's just bad for the hobby.

Oh, and both were graded 3/16. We'll be seeing plenty more of these. I guess Ditko was at the home doing sketches for the owners of these books too. They politely asked," Mr. Ditko, could you please sign this one in silver too." Just disgusting.

Oh, and both were graded 3/16. We'll be seeing plenty more of these. I guess Ditko was at the home doing sketches for the owners of these books too. They politely asked," Mr. Ditko, could you please sign this one in silver too." Just disgusting.

Ditko cover sketches coming up next? hm I was disgusted with PGX's shenanigans from 10 years ago. Unfortunately, more of the same :eyeroll:

I guess Ditko's been doing a lot of signings recently lol

RAD9FAF12016927_155725.jpg

The reason they overgrade it so much is to distract attention from the fraud(s).

His second E in Lee is never connected (from what I've seen). Plus having seen a dozen over past few weeks this doesn't even look like a good forgery.

With luck this guy might commit one fraud too many to the wrong person in the wrong jurisdiction - it really is pretty outrageous when even regular collectors can spot it so clearly. Feds probably would never get involved but mail fraud is an easy and popular one, all you'd need to prove is intent - a real long shot, perhaps local prosecutor artful use of a stupid law like the new one in California could get something on a lesser someone who will spill his guts on the main a s s hole for a plea to lesser charges.

I won't even get into the whole Ditko thing. Ok, can't help it, why the silver? Preposterously stupid.