• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat 1 Larson Copy CC 8.0 How Much?

88 posts in this topic

Wow what a book! Is this the first time the Larson Bats 1 is offered up for auction? I think it will end in the $500k territory.

(shrug)

nOT LIKELY

very likely hm 400+

My dream book. If I could own any book out there, it would be this one. But it is not in the cards unless I hit the lottery

Sell your entire collection and I bet you can buy it. I sold a lot of stuff for my Detective 27. Some was hard to let go of, but no regrets.

Wow what a book! Is this the first time the Larson Bats 1 is offered up for auction? I think it will end in the $500k territory.

(shrug)

nOT LIKELY

very likely hm 400+

My dream book. If I could own any book out there, it would be this one. But it is not in the cards unless I hit the lottery

Did you buy a ticket?

every week :sorry:

I'm not aware of any 3% cashback card for that type of purchase. So in general, the 3% vig of using a cc is not worth it, though there are always exceptions.

Unless they've changed their policy very recently, ComicConnect charges the credit card vig to the consignor, not the auction winner.

not sure I've used a cc , so you are probably right...

but I suspect, like heritage, that cc wouldn't take a cc on a 400K book (doesn't heritage cap at some nominal amount)?

One of my frustrations with Heritage, I believe they cap at 2K. You're correct, of course, that someone spending 400K is almost certainly not using a credit card.

Another billionaire collector would. :shy:

This slab will exceed all previous cost per point multiples by a wide margin and surprise allot of folks. Should break $510K

Current bid = $288K

Just under 26 days left

Current bid = $335K

With 6 days left.

Additionally for entertainment purposes:

The Bat #1 6.5 slab is bidding $87K with 7 days left

The Bat #1 2.0 slab is bidding $39K with 7 days left

Current bid = $335K

With 6 days left.

Wow, surprised they would have 3 Batman 1's in the same auction. :o

If I was the consignor of the 6.5 copy, I would not feel too thrilled since there is a chance of being squeezed out in the middle. The investor would most likely shoot for the Larson pedigree copy while the collector just looking for a reasonable entry level copy would most probably shoot for the lower grade 2.0 copy.

Hence, with the plethora of choices available here, the 6.5 copy would not be nice enough to satisfy the investor, and yet at the same time be too expensive for the regular collector. hm

Current bid = $335K

With 6 days left.

Wow, surprised they would have 3 Batman 1's in the same auction. :o

If I was the consignor of the 6.5 copy, I would not feel too thrilled since there is a chance of being squeezed out in the middle. The investor would most likely shoot for the Larson pedigree copy while the collector just looking for a reasonable entry level copy would most probably shoot for the lower grade 2.0 copy.

Hence, with the plethora of choices available here, the 6.5 copy would not be nice enough to satisfy the investor, and yet at the same time be too expensive for the regular collector. hm

I would think you got 3 totally different bidders from 3 different worlds. The guy bidding on the 8.0 and the guy bidding on the 2.0 don't play in the same sandbox