• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bat 1 Larson Copy CC 8.0 How Much?

88 posts in this topic

My predictions

Bat 1 8.0 $472K

Bat 1 6.5 $167K

Bat 1 2.0 $53K

Given the last 5.5 sold for 239, One might consider 250k for the 6.5 (shrug)

rusty, crusty staples on the 6.5 :sick:

haven't looked at it honestly. Maybe 200 (shrug)

My predictions

Bat 1 8.0 $472K

Bat 1 6.5 $167K

Bat 1 2.0 $53K

I have absolutely no idea, but the spine is very heavily stained.

My predictions

Bat 1 8.0 $472K

Bat 1 6.5 $167K

Bat 1 2.0 $53K

here is what it looks like

batman1spine.jpg

My predictions

Bat 1 8.0 $472K

Bat 1 6.5 $167K

Bat 1 2.0 $53K

batman1spine.jpg

I believe you guys are focusing way too much on the tiny details when the graded label is really the only thing that should matter at all. (tsk)

Hence, a word of warning here......if you continue in this fashion, CGC will simply have to keep expanding the size of their big fat ugly label until it eventually covers up the whole entire front cover of the comic book. lol

This slab will exceed all previous cost per point multiples by a wide margin and surprise allot of folks. Should break $510K

Just wanted to reiterate I am even more bullish on this slab now than I was before. With the stock market at all time historical highs, folks in this zip code of wealth made tons of money this past year.

Could be years or who knows when that another VF Bat 1 like this slabbed shows up. I don't think prospects on this with means are going to hold back on this one.

My predictions

Bat 1 8.0 $472K

Bat 1 6.5 $167K

Bat 1 2.0 $53K

batman1spine.jpg

Look @ it from this perspective. Pretend staining is not there and where does this slab land then? I would say its for sure a strong FN/VF. So potentially someone might overlook that if they want to get one of these in this lifetime.

rusty staples degrade the book over time.....CGC should allow for staple replacement.

+1 at least give it a Conserved grade and not Restored.

Just checked from the CGC link below and it indicates that the cleaning or replacement of staples is indeed considered to be Conservation, as opposed to Restoration:

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=4083&

Since this was posted on June 13 of 2014, are any board members aware of any changed to this update from CGC? (shrug)

rusty staples degrade the book over time.....CGC should allow for staple replacement.

Just checked from the CGC link below and it indicates that the cleaning or replacement of staples is indeed considered to be Conservation, as opposed to Restoration:

Since this was posted on June 13 of 2014, are any board members aware of any changed to this update from CGC? (shrug)

Good to know. Thanks (thumbs u

I believe cleaning is 100% irreversible process. So the comic would reside with that label for eternity. Is the blue/grey label something that is very prevalent in GA overall? I don't come across it that much if at all but my collective range is very narrow in GA (Bats & Supes) so my perspective is limited at best.

Sold for 390K

Missed the ending. I am shocked. Way off the mark on this one. That was such a gorgeous copy too. Really curious what the winning bidder's max bid was. Did the auction just end? Or were two bidders dancing back and forth sending it into repeat overtime?

Sold for 390K

Missed the ending. I am shocked. Way off the mark on this one. That was such a gorgeous copy too. Really curious what the winning bidder's max bid was. Did the auction just end? Or were two bidders dancing back and forth sending it into repeat overtime?

The latter.