• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS Media Mail Regulations
1 1

126 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, ygogolak said:

If your willing to knowingly break the rules, what else are you willing to do? Not someone I would want to do business with.

Ok I'll give you a test I took a few years back for college. I bet the way you answer that test your breaking the law everyday of your life. No way you haven't committed a misdemeanor on that test and most likely you committed a felony on that list somewhere. Most people break the law everyday.

2 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Ok I'll give you a test I took a few years back for college. I bet the way you answer that test your breaking the law everyday of your life. No way you haven't committed a misdemeanor on that test and most likely you committed a felony on that list somewhere. Most people break the law everyday.

As I said *knowingly

20 hours ago, Logan510 said:

If people want to break the rules, that's their business. I hate receiving books shipped that way because it's a shoot whether they'll arrive damaged or not.

I would never ship books to someone that way because of the above...and I'm also not a cheap arse.

You had me until the cheap arse part. :eyeroll:

32 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

That is an interesting point - there are just too many laws on the books that make criminals out of 95% of the population.

Not sure how this relates to using media mail though.

10 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You had me until the cheap arse part. :eyeroll:

You can read that two ways liz. Once those cheeks part, I'm outta here! :whatthe:

18 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

That is an interesting point - there are just too many laws on the books that make criminals out of 95% of the population.

Not sure how this relates to using media mail though.

I think the point is that it's OK to break the rules shipping comics Media Mail because I drive over the speed limit.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

I think the point is that it's OK to break the rules shipping comics Media Mail because I drive over the speed limit.

These are your words that I quoted earlier

54 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

If your willing to knowingly break the rules, what else are you willing to do? Not someone I would want to do business with

So you don't want to do business with anybody on the boards because they all knowingly break the law.

I had someone balk at using first class boxed.  That was a new one on me, as I don't see any difference between first class boxed and priority boxed.

First class boxed is certainly better than priority envelope, no matter how you cut it.

14 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What if I speed on the way to the post office to ship comics Media Mail. Double negative crosses out, correct?

Depends how many old grannies you run over on crossings on the way. And whether you park legally or not when you get there. Entering the post office with a hood on and asking for cash whilst waving a shooter about can also have an impact. 

6 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
23 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What if I speed on the way to the post office to ship comics Media Mail. Double negative crosses out, correct?

Depends how many old grannies you run over on crossings on the way. And whether you park legally or not when you get there. Entering the post office with a hood on and asking for cash whilst waving a shooter about can also have an impact. 

A worse crime would be purchasing 27 international money orders. :pullhair: 

As a general observation, the vast majority of people buying comics seem to care more about the price more than anything else. To these people that is the only black and white issue. 

I don't like getting a short box sent to me via media mail and even think about how cheap the seller was, but as long as it gets to me safe and it was cheap, I don't care. 

I suggest anyone refusing to do business with sellers using media mail stop patronizing multi-national conglomerates with their off shore, tax-evading headquarters that hire legions of lobbyists to create loophole after loophole to maximize every last penny of profit at any expense; the same companies who pay $1 Billion in fines to avoid jail time for their CEOs after markets collapse. Capitalism: pigs get fat and sheep get slaughtered.  

7 minutes ago, FN-2199 said:

As a general observation, the vast majority of people buying comics seem to care more about the price more than anything else. To these people that is the only black and white issue. 

I don't like getting a short box sent to me via media mail and even think about how cheap the seller was, but as long as it gets to me safe and it was cheap, I don't care. 

I suggest anyone refusing to do business with sellers using media mail stop patronizing multi-national conglomerates with their off shore, tax-evading headquarters that hire legions of lobbyists to create loophole after loophole to maximize every last penny of profit at any expense; the same companies who pay $1 Billion in fines to avoid jail time for their CEOs after markets collapse. Capitalism: pigs get fat and sheep get slaughtered.  

Image result for scooby-doo ruh roh

8 minutes ago, FN-2199 said:

My argument was pretty simple and based on using media mail to ship a couple of books that would easily qualify for first class mail. Not a freaking short box of comics--- quit changing the argument in hopes of changing peoples minds or diverting attention to some BS conversation about big corporations.

The point is very simple. If the price is clearly the same and sometimes lower--- use first class to send the comics. It is not only the right thing to do from the USPS perspective, it is also the right thing to do from a seller/buyer service perspective.

Don't get upset with people who avoid you because you think you are doing them such a great favor by saving money on shipping. These people who use shipping charges as a way to eek out every last penny from a transaction are just obnoxious.

14 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:
28 minutes ago, FN-2199 said:

My argument was pretty simple and based on using media mail to ship a couple of books that would easily qualify for first class mail. Not a freaking short box of comics--- quit changing the argument in hopes of changing peoples minds or diverting attention to some BS conversation about big corporations.

The point is very simple. If the price is clearly the same and sometimes lower--- use first class to send the comics. It is not only the right thing to do from the USPS perspective, it is also the right thing to do from a seller/buyer service perspective.

Don't get upset with people who avoid you because you think you are doing them such a great favor by saving money on shipping. These people who use shipping charges as a way to eek out every last penny from a transaction are just obnoxious.

Thanks for the reminder - I needed to pay someone that only uses medium flat-rate boxes to ship. :p

In my case, one book. :p:p:p

31 minutes ago, FN-2199 said:

Welp, you've convinced me.