• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JURASSIC WORLD 2: FALLEN KINGDOM (6/22/18)

65 posts in this topic

It was dumb fun. I had fun watching it, dinosaurs running around eating people is always a great cinematic experience. But boy were the characters dumb. And who was in charge of that Dino auction, Dr. Evil? Those prices for dinosaurs were ridiculous. People pay more for tiger skin rugs than they did for some of those dinosaurs.

6 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

It was dumb fun. I had fun watching it, dinosaurs running around eating people is always a great cinematic experience. But boy were the characters dumb. And who was in charge of that Dino auction, Dr. Evil? Those prices for dinosaurs were ridiculous. People pay more for tiger skin rugs than they did for some of those dinosaurs.

I dozed off for awhile around the auction scene.  I haven't fallen asleep at the movies in a long while.  And I LOVE dinosaurs.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, Larryw7 said:

I agree on the dino-prices.  Preposterously low.  That was actually the LEAST realistic thing about the whole movie.  I would have bought the super dino and flipped here on the boards for $10B in like two days.  Also, this was literally the most dangerous animal in the history of existence which they designed to be high intellect, and it was in a cage simple latch lock, when everything else had six digit codes or biometric locks. GTFO.

BUT it was a fun movie.  If you like these dinosaur type movies, this one is ranked #3 out of the five Jurassic movies.  Its fine. Some good scares, some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, not enough goldblum. 

The bad guy felt like a budget Will Arnett. "C'mon!  This is a $3,000 suit!!!"

Liked it, didn't love it.  Aside from the dino action the most interesting bit was (it's a spoiler, so I'll hide it):

Spoiler

the cloned little girl, which is a compelling parallel to the cloning of the dinosaurs.

I'm surprised that hasn't happened already in our society.

Edited by fantastic_four

Saw it and was completely bored. The auction scene made me raise my eyebrows as well... $28 million dollars? For a dinosaur? And then the highly intelligent, people-trained dinosaur locked in his cage with a simple latch..? Wow. This one of of the worst JP/JW movies but it still has dinosaurs so that's always a bonus. Also agree, not enough Goldblum!

Goldblum needs a major part in the next movie. He's the only character(except for Grant and Satler)in these movies to  have any common sense. 

Saw it last night and although not fantastic it definetely moved along well and I left feeling I got my money worth.  Nice action scenes and the dinosaurs were great.  I'd recommend it if you want an exciting summer blockbuster type movie - B grade from me.

I hold out some hope for improvement for the next one.  Since all the dinosaurs got out, it's possible to think the next one might be a "War For the Planet of the Apes"-type film that's actually a "War For the Planet of the Dinosaurs."  However, I didn't see enough male/female pairs of each species escape to hold out a ton of hope for that actually being the case...the more likely scenario I see playing out is that they just get killed and/or rounded up and re-caged.