• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JURASSIC WORLD 2: FALLEN KINGDOM (6/22/18)

65 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Maybe it's just me but this movie looks bad.  Won't be seeing this.

I'm definitely of the same mindset. But there must be something there for many others as that Wednesday number is quite large for pre-shows.

‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Stomps On $20M In Early Overseas Bow; Roars Past Korea Records

Universal Pictures/Amblin Entertainment’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom started offshore rollout in seven overseas markets on Wednesday and served up $20.2M (including previews) in its first dino-stomping steps at the international box office. In total, the J.A. Bayona-directed sequel to 2015’s reboot of the classic franchise will be at play in 48 offshore markets this weekend, one week ahead of the China release, and two before domestic gets its first bite.

There was a roaring start in Korea on the Chris Pratt/Bryce Dallas Howard-starrer which opened to a record breaking $9.7M (10.3B won) and over 1M admissions to become the biggest opening day of all time in both admissions and box office. The local Memorial Day bow beats all previous opening day box office records which were previously held by Universal’s own The Mummy (7.4B won) and in terms of admissions by Avengers: Infinity War (980K).

Elsewhere, France opened with $1.7M and is No. 1 with 60% market share; Indonesia bowed to $1M (120% bigger than Jurassic World‘s opening day/2nd biggest Wednesday launch for Universal); and Germany scored No. 1 with $865K/55% market share.

The Philippines had a great No. 1 opening with $732K for 27% ahead of JW the first. In Belgium, the T-Rex is aces at 64% market share at $156K.

In previews, Singapore is the 4th biggest single day ever with $264K which is 10% bigger than Jurassic World. The UK‘s Wednesday previews of $2.9M are Universal’s 2nd biggest Wednesday previews of all time. Malaysia also had a great day of previews with $441K, at the same level as Jurassic World.

Ahead of the start of overseas rollout, industry sources were placing this film’s debut in a $130-$145M range with some going up to $150M.

Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom opened in 48 international markets this weekend ahead of its June 22 North American release, and the weekend gross is an estimated $145.9 millionJurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is the clear No.1 film in all 48 territories where it was released.

Some highlights include:

• Biggest opening day of all time (Korea).
  • Universal’s biggest opening day of all time (Hong Kong and Korea).
  • Biggest opening day in the month of June in six markets (Mongolia, Turkey, Korea, Thailand, Vietnam and Iceland).
  • Biggest opening day in Jurassic World franchise in 14 markets (Mongolia, Estonia, Iceland, Lithuania, Serbia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam).
  • It is the fifth-biggest international opening weekend of 2018 behind Avengers: Infinity War, Monster Hunt 2, Deadpool 2 and Black Panther (all of which opened in more than 60 territories in their opening weekends, excluding Monster Hunt 2).
  • Top grossing territories include: Korea $26.3 million; the U.K. & Ireland $18.9 million; France $9.6 million; Germany $9.0 million; Taiwan $8.1 million; Spain $7.7 million; Russia $7.6 million; India $7.5 million; Indonesia $5.3 million; Philippines $4.5 million; Hong Kong $4.0 million; Vietnam $2 million.

There are 21 more territories to open, including China on June 15, Australia and Brazil on June 21,  Mexico on June 22 and Japan on July 13.

Edited by Bosco685

I know I’m a broken record on this topic but the first two novels are among my favorite reads. Please just go back and give me a proper JP and The Lost World based on the novels with new actors. I’ll even forgive the PG13 rating. Film them both back to back and title them with Crichtons name. The TRex river chase scene from the first novel would have been epic. Supposedly cut from the first movie because it wouldn’t advance the story but in reality was scrapped due to budget. Then, based on the success of those, continue with new stories and the same actors since The Lost World novel left possibilities. Oh and when Malcolm dies in JP, he stays dead Hollywood. He STAYS dead.

Edited by Grails

16 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Saw it with my younger son and he loved it. Young kids love dinosaurs so as long as they keep making decent movies, this franchise will have legs. For what it is, I enjoyed it also.

Yea my kids are 2 and I can't wait for them to watch these, right now they think it's too scary when I show them clips.  If the one-hour nature documentaries had CGI like this I'd prefer those, but if they're just in these films that's fine, I'll watch the dino action there.

I saw it and hated it. Liked Jurassic world 1 but this one was just terrible to me. Boring, nothing really new or interesting, painful acting and scenes. But as others have said, my 7 year old boy loved it so I guess it wasn’t a total waste of money.

And damn movie theatre is expensive. Family of 4 cost me 80 dollars for tickets and a modest amount of food.