• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
5 5

648 posts in this topic

Could you imagine if the Church Collection was actually found by somebody who wasn't such a 'whoa is me' whiner.   He seemingly demands to make money back on what he feels he lost out on, due to selling off the Church finds in the late '70's/early '80's.   

not how this works.jpg

On 11/24/2018 at 9:39 AM, aszumilo said:

How can that poor man stay in business selling books that LOW!!!??????

Buyers  are not aware of how much they overpaid, until they exit and try to sell to break even...when has chuck never had a sale, its always 40%, 50% etc...I cannot remember when it was ever 100% full retail? can you?

Edited by Mmehdy

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:27 PM, oakman29 said:

I would never buy his low grade high priced stuff, but you gotta hand it to him.

He's the quintisential businessman,  always full of shiet.(:

I don't know how he stays in business, Dave, but someone must be buying his overpriced trash (that he refuses to show photos of or even describe).

Someone out there must actually think this is an acceptable way of conducting business.  (shrug)

13 hours ago, Hudson said:

I don't know how he stays in business, Dave, but someone must be buying his overpriced trash (that he refuses to show photos of or even describe).

Someone out there must actually think this is an acceptable way of conducting business.  (shrug)

Doesn't he make most of his money from new books coming out and TPB sales?  Also, maybe comics that have just come out within the last few years?  I just can't see anybody buying his back issues more than a few years old.  They are just too high and over graded to me anyway.

Edited by musicmeta

22 hours ago, Hudson said:

Did this book come from Mile High?

Recently?

I order from them all the time. It’s really exciting like playing Russian roulette. That book was received this month. 

On 11/29/2018 at 6:35 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Hard to tell from the picture but is that distributor ink over spray? 

What is that? I’m open to the possibility if i knew how to tell. Should I smell it? Scratch at it? 

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, FoggyNelson said:

It’s very frustrating on eBay when the mile high listings renew

it the same comics over an over it seems they never sell😣🤬🤬🤬

Gee, I can't imagine why overpriced, over graded, common as dirt books are not selling like hot cakes.  (shrug)

According to Mycomicshop newsletter, they purchased 600,000 issues over a 3 month period and are buying 50K per month, and going to buy a 250K collection in Jan....I think they are going to challenge chuck here as American's largest comic book store...and quality wise too....chuck will be forced to bring down his mile high prices

Edited by Mmehdy

On 11/29/2018 at 6:39 AM, musicmeta said:

most of his money from new books coming out and TPB sales

About 10 years ago when I got back into comics and had a list to fill I went to all the LCS looking for old books. Asked lots of owners why they don't have what I need out and most of them said back issues make up less than 8% of yearly sales. They also have to grade, bag, board etc... instead of just throwing them on the shelf. 

I have pretty much been pleased with every purchase I made from him. The grading was right on and after the codeword I was quite happy with the prices.did I invest a lot of time finding the few items that were not outrageous? Yes. Has he likely since updated his prices to make any "deal" impossible? Probably. But I probably made 5 orders, each big enough to get free shipping, a couple of years ago, and I was happy. Got my son a big stack of deadpool trades cheaper than elsewhere and comics/mags for me. Want outrageous prices? dtacoll.. David t Alexander collectibles. Yes, he has some rare/htf stuff, so he can shoot for the moon on those, but he is the same way for common stuff, for example, he has a Madhouse 95 in VG for $33. Milehigh has a Fine for $5.10.

33 minutes ago, Alf Pogs said:

Timing is everything. I needed a better copy of Alita 1 back in saaaay... 2009???

Got a NM copy for a buck from Chuck.

Now not so much:

ripoff.JPG

I'm confused.  Isn't this listing the same NM copy?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTLE-ANGEL-ALITA-VIZ-MANGA-1992-Series-1-Near-Mint-Comics-Book/283292320154?hash=item41f589c19a:g:Wb8AAOSwG1JcCOYX:rk:22:pf:0    If so.....then.....

bennyhill.gif