• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
5 5

648 posts in this topic

I will never be a customer. However I would pay to see Chuckles dancing around in drag. :roflmao:

+1, but what does that say about me, and humanity in general :sorry:

You're just a garden-variety pervert, like the rest of us. :cool:

Check out his YouTube channel, he\she sings "wanna be a hero" :roflmao:

Why do you guys do this to yourself? This is a prime example of why you shouldn't do business with someone.

Is the book so rare you can't find it anywhere else? Let them burn money paying real estate taxes and employee salaries until they get it.

I buy from them because they sell in bulk for single issues, typically. I haven't found an online competitor that can compete.

Please, boycott them. More for me. :acclaim:

No competition from me. I'm banned from doing business with them because I called them out on grading. :acclaim:

Haha, I've complained multiple times. They have been pretty accommodating for the most part.

Why do you guys do this to yourself? This is a prime example of why you shouldn't do business with someone.

Is the book so rare you can't find it anywhere else? Let them burn money paying real estate taxes and employee salaries until they get it.

I buy from them because they sell in bulk for single issues, typically. I haven't found an online competitor that can compete.

No competition from me. I'm banned from doing business with them because I called them out on grading. :acclaim:

Haha, I've complained multiple times. They have been pretty accommodating for the most part.

I tried dealing with them about it but they were unwilling so I mentioned it here and Chuck banned me.

I tried dealing with them about it but they were unwilling so I mentioned it here and Chuck banned me.

Probably one of the best things that ever happened to you!

Wonder if I will be banned for starting this thread. Banned from buying overpriced (possibly over-graded) IMO books that I don't want. Whatever will I do?????

(shrug)

chucks goal, is to own every comic book in every grade in the world...and then raise the prices even more..go ahead and ban me.....buy low, sell MILE HIGH...well over the years there have been enough customers to do just that..his videos on youtube are classic......

But to ban a poster on this forum is just plain stupid.

MCS is much better, anyway.

I just did business with MCS for the first time a few weeks ago. I bought eight or nine back issues from them. One was encapulated, the others were raw. One book was graded 9.4, but it was only about 8.5 due to a flaw that might be easy to miss in a rush. One book was graded 4.0 and I think its more like a 6.0. All other books were pretty much dead on. I didn't bother returning the over graded 8.5 because it was only a $5 book and not worth the hassel. Over all I was happy with the transaction and I'll be doing more business with them in the future.

MCS is much better, anyway.

I just did business with MCS for the first time a few weeks ago. I bought eight or nine back issues from them. One was encapulated, the others were raw. One book was graded 9.4, but it was only about 8.5 due to a flaw that might be easy to miss in a rush. One book was graded 4.0 and I think its more like a 6.0. All other books were pretty much dead on. I didn't bother returning the over graded 8.5 because it was only a $5 book and not worth the hassel. Over all I was happy with the transaction and I'll be doing more business with them in the future.

I have purchased books for MCS a number of times, and never had a problem with any book. If you ever have a problem, I believe they will make it right (just hit up Conan from MCS - he is a board member).

I buy all my Creepy and Vampirella books from MCS, every book I've ever bought has been 1 or even 2 grades better than described. :headbang:

Thanks Conan. :foryou:

Edited by oakman29

Sorry 'Chuck', I have half a brain to know to not to buy a NM98 for $2,600 RAW, when a 9.8s sell for ~$750.

lol I'm laughing at you, not with you, 'Chuck'.

Jerome

People over the years have paid the mile high price over and over again...sometime he is the only game in town, and even if you wait for 60% off...you are still going to pay mile high for that book

I bought from him once. I was completing a collection of about 700 comics from the 1980s and I had 25 to go. Each issue was very close to worthless to anyone but me. I could have spent ten years locating them at conventions for a buck to $2.50 each. He had all but three. I had the half price code and with postage they came to about a hundred dollars. The price at MCS were similar but MH had more of the ones I wanted. All told, I was satisfied with my purchase.

Even with the added shipping charge, *if* the books arrive in stated condition, it's a decent price. Not a steal, but not highway robbery either.

However, based on this transaction, I will not do business with them again. I tried them out and learned my lesson. Perhaps others can learn from my mistake, too.

Icing on the cake update: Received my order today; instead of sending me the comic pictured on the site at the time of purchase (and priced accordingly), I now have the less valuable alternate cover. :facepalm:

#neveragain

I bought a ASM #6 from them around 8 - 10 years ago. Didn't have an issue. Needed it to finish my 2-50 run. Never gonna have a number 1 unless I find a copy in a low grade that I like.

I too purchased books from MH back several years ago. I thought their prices were always a little high, however, that did not bother me. I am a collector and sometimes when someone has what I want, it is just not worth waiting to see if the item will come along again, simply to save a few bucks.

Perhaps it is just me, however, it seems as if Chuck went from overcharging by a little here and there (a few years ago) to now charging multiples of FMV for relatively easy books to come by.

I wish you luck finding an ASM #1 in the condition and price you feel comfortable with. I know the pain of having #2 - up of something and wanting that #1. Good luck in the hunt.

Even with the added shipping charge, *if* the books arrive in stated condition, it's a decent price. Not a steal, but not highway robbery either.

However, based on this transaction, I will not do business with them again. I tried them out and learned my lesson. Perhaps others can learn from my mistake, too.

Icing on the cake update: Received my order today; instead of sending me the comic pictured on the site at the time of purchase (and priced accordingly), I now have the less valuable alternate cover. :facepalm:

#neveragain

I would email them and see if they will exchange out....

#neveragain

I would email them and see if they will exchange out....

I on the other hand would cut my losses and run.