• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mile High a reference to their prices?
4 4

648 posts in this topic

Is this 60% off all comics or specific ones?

Any chance of the code in a pm? :foryou:

Off all their raw books. If you go to their site and click on the link to their current newsletter, the discount code is in it.

Order placed. Now to hope my order can be "located" in whole.

If raw, don't get your hopes up regarding grading.

Yeah, I'd expect at least 1.0 to 1.5 grade delta (on the downside) from a CGC standard as a STARTING PLACE. Note their web site only denotes a VF and NM, so the scale isn't specific enough. That and grading and cataloging 10 million books is bound to be problematic.

Order placed. Now to hope my order can be "located" in whole.

As expected: Ordered 5 copies of an "in-stock" comic; getting 1.

Because of this decrease in my order, my originally free shipping is now $8.

Never again.

Uhhh.....I'd expect them to allow you to cancel out of the transaction, personally. Getting 1 / 5 is a huge difference. Based on what Chucky said, he's "fishing" around for how much he can sell a book for without actually selling it. Expect the books to re-appear with a higher price.

He might do better as a business by doing pay per views on his drag events.

Why do you guys do this to yourself? This is a prime example of why you shouldn't do business with someone.

Is the book so rare you can't find it anywhere else? Let them burn money paying real estate taxes and employee salaries until they get it.

Edited by romanheart

Why do you guys do this to yourself? This is a prime example of why you shouldn't do business with someone.

Is the book so rare you can't find it anywhere else? Let them burn money paying real estate taxes and employee salaries until they get it.

I buy from them because they sell in bulk for single issues, typically. I haven't found an online competitor that can compete.

Please, boycott them. More for me. :acclaim:

Edited by ygogolak

I buy from them because they sell in bulk for single issues, typically. I haven't found an online competitor that can compete.

No competition from me. I'm banned from doing business with them because I called them out on grading. :acclaim:

That video was hilarious. My favourite part was that Chuck says he buys everything for 1/4 of value and sells for 3x value. That one line sums up the MHC pricing pretty succinctly and if that's working, no wonder he's still in business.

It's more like buy at 1/8x and sell for 250x.

Bought a comic mag from them recently. Called and asked to get it drop shipped. They said no problem. Still got it sent to my house. doh! Was packed in a USPS letter envelope that it barely fit in. Cardboard used to protect was actually old dividers that didn't fit over the mag. :tonofbricks: Got a nice bend in it

Even with the added shipping charge, *if* the books arrive in stated condition, it's a decent price. Not a steal, but not highway robbery either.

However, based on this transaction, I will not do business with them again. I tried them out and learned my lesson. Perhaps others can learn from my mistake, too.

...will do! (thumbs u

I will never be a customer. However I would pay to see Chuckles dancing around in drag. :roflmao:

+1, but what does that say about me, and humanity in general :sorry:

You're just a garden-variety pervert, like the rest of us. :cool: