• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2017 -- It's still Never too Early, October 5-8
5 5

81 posts in this topic

I didn't make plans to go this year, good thing as I spent a few days prepping for a category 4 hurricane that never really impacted us. If I had made arrangements, I would have had to cancel making the show.

I didn't make plans to go this year, good thing as I spent a few days prepping for a category 4 hurricane that never really impacted us. If I had made arrangements, I would have had to cancel making the show.

Glad to hear you weren't impacted.

NEW YORK COMIC CON 2017 - OCT. 5-8, 2017 - NYC

Hey All:

Reed Exhibitions is hosting the New York Comic Con again at the Javits Center from October 5-8, 2017. Tickets will have to be registered as will people in order for them to get the tickets and into the venue. The difference this year, from last year, is that there are no 3 or 4 day passes as they will be joining the VIP Passes into extinction. You want to go four days, you have to buy four passes. Passes will be $50 each except for Thursday -- those will be $45.

NYCC will be requiring Fan Verification again this year in order to buy a NYCC 2017 ticket or have one purchased for you. Fan Verification profiles from 2016 will carry over if you filled one out last year. If you or someone you know didn’t fill one out last year, Fan Verification for 2017 will open on April 19. 

This year, we will be holding a limited presale for fans who have 2016 Fan Verification profiles. Later in the spring, we will have our standard on-sale that will be open to everyone with a Fan Verification profile.

Check the link for more info -- http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Tickets/Buy-Tickets/

Registration for Professional Badges opened up today.  I am curious to see if Pro's are afforded 3-4 day badges.   I applied today. 

Ok, so the following appeared in their April 19 e-mail:

Note: anyone filling out a Fan Verification profile between April 19 and May 3 at 12:00 PM ET will only have access to tickets during the general on-sale. They WILL NOT be eligible for the presale or be able to be assigned to tickets purchased during the presale. Sorry, but presale is for 2016 Fan Verified fans only.

Am I interpreting this correctly:  If you were verified in 2016, you don't have to go through the verification process again in 2017? hm

NO.

You STILL have to pre-register but it's easier since they already have your contact information on file.  You should have received an email from them weeks ago with a LINK for you to verify that the information was still the same.  Afterwards, another email is sent confirming that you are now "pre-registered" for the upcoming sale of tickets.  The ticket sale date has NOT been announced yet.

Check your emails or spam filter.  Good luck.

I know it's early but if anyone has an extra dealer / exhibitor badge available please PM / contact me.  Thanks.

Cheers!

N.

12 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

NO.

You STILL have to pre-register but it's easier since they already have your contact information on file.  You should have received an email from them weeks ago with a LINK for you to verify that the information was still the same.  Afterwards, another email is sent confirming that you are now "pre-registered" for the upcoming sale of tickets.  The ticket sale date has NOT been announced yet.

Check your emails or spam filter.  Good luck.

I know it's early but if anyone has an extra dealer / exhibitor badge available please PM / contact me.  Thanks.

Cheers!

N.

I did that and got the confirming e-mail ... and then forgot all about it. doh!

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I did that and got the confirming e-mail ... and then forgot all about it. doh!

Tony,

You should have received an e-mail from ReedPop at the end of March that said.

Hi Tony,

You are now Fan Verified and will have the opportunity to purchase NYCC 2017 tickets when they go on sale. You will only hear from us if we have questions, so you can rest easy!

Please note: Fan Verification provides you the opportunity to buy NYCC tickets, but does not guarantee them. NYCC tickets will still be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.

I am trying to decide whether to go to NYCC this year.  I am planning to attend OAFCON the week before Halloween.  My highlights last year were chatting with you and fellow boardies, but the comic book pickings were slim, since I attended Wizard Chicago in August.

Yep, I did find that.  Somehow I forgot all about it and then wondered when I got the e-mail a few days ago about registering for 2017 whether I needed to do anything.

They probably should have added a line to that recent e-mail about ignoring it if you had registered in 2016.

Sure hope you make it this year, Ray.  I think a couple of more dealers with GA stock may be setting up this time.  I'm looking forward to seeing you again. :wishluck:

22 hours ago, JasonDaTwit said:

Apparently my favorite part of the con, Artist Alley, will shrink. Although NYCC says it won't be a 50% shrink in space, they certainly don't tell how much space will exactly be available to artists.

image.png

The whole area where artist alley was is going to be under construction, so it will be interesting to see where they put it.