• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Luke Cage #1.....can't do it

15 posts in this topic

Picked it up, gently flipped through the art, gently put it back.

YUUUUCK!!

I wanted this book to come out, I needed this book to come out. But the artwork! Oh the terrible-cartoony-CRACKED Magazine artwork. Just not working for me.

What have you not figured out about Marvel yet?? They are a joke. Besides the SW titles for the most part, stay away. Disney should not own either company IMO. DC has been better superhero mess for a long time now but even they are wearing thin on me. Time to cull the pull list to Image/DH/Indy titles for the foreseeable future.

:sick:

The artwork has a style that's not conducive to the traditional comic book story telling medium. If they were going for that more urban graffiti style, they should have hired Jim Mahfood.

It's not too late to change creative teams and hire a new artist. Look at The Walking Dead, Tony Moore vs Charlie Adlard. Adlard honestly created a way better mood for a dramatic horror title than Moore was doing up 'til he left the book.

This book has been in-the-works for almost 10 years now or even longer. It just got super delayed over the years. Back when Tartakovsky still had Samurai Jack & Dexter's Laboratory & all that other Cartoon Network stuff that was blowing up. It' just took him a decade to actually finish it.

This book has been in-the-works for almost 10 years now or even longer. It just got super delayed over the years. Back when Tartakovsky still had Samurai Jack & Dexter's Laboratory & all that other Cartoon Network stuff that was blowing up. It' just took him a decade to actually finish it.

Yup, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it. Plenty of other Cage books to read. For that matter, plenty of other stories that are better than what Marvel is putting out now.

Picked it up, gently flipped through the art, gently put it back.

YUUUUCK!!

I wanted this book to come out, I needed this book to come out. But the artwork! Oh the terrible-cartoony-CRACKED Magazine artwork. Just not working for me.

Yeah, I wanted to like it, and I do kinda dig the variant cover with Cage and Iron Fist, but that wasn't enough to get me to buy it. :(

I like the nod to the Spalding basketball ads from the bronze age comics, just needed Rick Barry and Dr J to show up!

Some people are thinking too hard about it. It's supposed to be goofy and fun