• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Thread Nobody Demanded: Buzzetta: NYCC 2016: Wrap Up and Loot on Pg 16

198 posts in this topic

Decent Cap costume...

on to the next one...

IMG_3222.jpg

That's the cosplayer that the cast of Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. played a joke on him. But his costume is really fantastic. He even added magnets on his shield so it attaches to his back.

:applause:

'What did you think of Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.?'

'I watched the first season of it...didn't really get into it.'

'Not so great...huh?'

lol

That's pretty funny. Normally I would say, "I guess I should start watching Agents of SHIELD." (Haven't seen anything really past season one episode theee). However they would never pick on someone like me since I usually cosplay as "Angry LIRR/MTA Commuter."

Pot belly is pretty good. Better than quiznos IMHO. And the shakes are cheap and good.

As far as chain places: I recently had Jersey Mikes for the first time and that was also good... I would rank that above Potbelly and definitely above Quiznos. However, I am still digging Firehouse Subs which opened a location on Long Island.

However... for non chain places... and still above the chain places...

Cherry Valley in Whitestone Queens is worth the trip.

The next morning... people still believed the L train was out of service.

Ever see this before?

IMG_3237.jpg

Now THAT is quite the spectacle

Trains you just can't find in the wild.

In all my years taking the subway... this is the fourth or fifth time I have seen a completely empty car and one this clean.

This year I did not take any days off. I had to take a few days off the week before for a personal matter and did not want to use another day. So, right after work I get to the subway to find the following... Hey "L' Train track fire... Thanks for nothing.

I had to take the G to the E train. That was just absolutely delightful (does my sarcasm properly convey?). As soon as I got there, I checked in with a boardie who was on their way home and then ran inside to meet up with a friend that I have been Facebook friends with but had not actually seen since 8th Grade. What a surprise to learn she has played with Trey! (She is a musician)

From the Application "Is the L Train F'd?"

IMG_3206.jpg

I too take the L train everyday and got screwed a little because of the track fire (I usually take Halsey street to 14th St). Actually took the first changeover at the M train and got off at 14th and 6th, wasn't too bad.

In 53 years of life, 2016 will be the first year that I did not spend at least one or more days in my home town of NY. Wasn't able to make the show this year, which was a bummer.

I did not see you either and had asked a few people whether you were up here or not. The people I asked were unsure so I thought you might have been at a certain other table and I missed it. Glad you are safe down there though and hopefully... next year.

In 53 years of life, 2016 will be the first year that I did not spend at least one or more days in my home town of NY. Wasn't able to make the show this year, which was a bummer.

We're taking in a stray for Thanksgiving this year....PM me!