• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for someone to recreate a logo for Superman #282 by Nick cardy

18 posts in this topic

Hi

Been looking but just cant find anyone that custom makes these. I got the original art for Superman #283 but would like the logo and even possibly the word balloon over the image. Not sure exactly how this is done either but have seen it before . Does anyone know anyone that does this?

Thanks in advance

superman283cover_zpsjjcsls2n.jpg

superman283_zpswlh10qt8.jpg

I just got James Pascoe to make an overlay for a cover, fair price and he took a week to do the job. The package has just shipped, so I have not received the overlay yet.

Pascoe:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=28354

+1 I used James to do the logo recreation for an ASM cover. Outstanding job, easy to work with and was pretty cheap.

Ricky

Just curious, do the professionals that create replacement stats and logos require you to send them your piece of art, or can they work with just the artwork measurements and a scan?

I asked James the same question and he advised it was better if he had the art but he can definitely do it without having the art in hand as well. It was up to me.

Ricky

Just curious, do the professionals that create replacement stats and logos require you to send them your piece of art, or can they work with just the artwork measurements and a scan?

I sent James a scan and exact measurements - and he sent me a scan to verify that all was ok.

I'll be happy to post a photo when I get the overlay.

Best,

Rune

I just got the overlay from Pascoe - actually I'm not that happy with it and may end up not using it. It looks better on this photo than when you experience it first hand:

18102016-1.JPG

The main problem is that the logos are looking very low-res. I sent a high-res 2750x4175 image of the book where the logos are super-sharp - this is a 1 to 1 crop to show the quality in the 2750x4175 image:

18102016-2.JPG

But I ended up with these logos:

18102016-3.JPG

Maybe I wasn't specific enough letting him know that high-res quality means a lot to me. The art is extremely sharp and detailed, so blurry logos really stick out.

Looks like he's not converting to vector after cleaning them up. Or at least not in this instance. Just "imo" but I'd ask for a re-do, the jagged edges bitmappy look has been sorta out of flavor since...the late 90s?

I'm telling you: Spend a little extra cash and get Robert Dennis to do it. James is a great guy and does good work, but Dennis does great work and for a cover like the Superman 282, it deserves getting logos that match.

James did a good job on my Superman cover, but the paper doesn't match, so I've got a cover with a very white background and yellow-ish logos on an overlay. They stick out like a sore thumb. Now, to put some of the blame on myself, I did send a high-quality print made from the Superman cover, so he didn't have the original art in-hand to match the papers, but, to the same effect the xerox was the exact color as the cover.

I had Hart Rieckhoff do the logo work on my Flash 323 cover and was very pleased with it.

Just for the record - James wrote back and has promised to check the logos and to try to make them sharper. He seems like a really nice guy.

The logos aren't that important to me, it's more a fun thing, still I was thinking that making sharp logos out of a 2750x4175 image shouldn't be too hard - but maybe he forgot to use that image and I don't know what method he uses for scaling etc.

He did get the dimensions right, even though I just sent him a scan of the art - ok, it's not perfect, but close enough.

But I ended up with these logos:

18102016-3.JPG

Maybe I wasn't specific enough letting him know that high-res quality means a lot to me. The art is extremely sharp and detailed, so blurry logos really stick out.

Just for the record, James is a great guy and wrote he hadn't used the high res image - and offered me to do an improved version free of charge. I just received the new overlay today:

01112016-1.JPG

It's definitely better than the first version. The full-size cover with the new overlay can be seen here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1343221