• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Doctor Aphra Appreciation Thread

49 posts in this topic

Well I guess now is as good a time as any to talk Dr. Aphra and the movement we've been seeing on Darth Vader # 3.

Since her new book has now been announced, what do you guys expect in terms of variants and store exclusives for this first issue? As it stand now, we already have 7 covers for this first issue: (6 variants + reg cover)

swclassified.png

doctor_aphra_1_cover_675x1024.jpg

Also, dont forget this will be available at the end of the month:

STL017651.jpg

Edited by JLS Comics

JSC has to do a variant, right? I'd assume they'll continue the action figure variants, too.

Personally, I'd love a Cho, Hughes, or Artgerm variant, but being Disney and Star Wars, I don't imagine they'll be invited for this one.

I haven't read the last few issues of Darth Vader yet, but I'm looking forward to this series. I dig her character and think there are lots of possibilities, especially if they let her have her own stories without much interaction with Vader, Luke, Leia, and Han.

JSC has to do a variant, right? I'd assume they'll continue the action figure variants, too.

Personally, I'd love a Cho, Hughes, or Artgerm variant, but being Disney and Star Wars, I don't imagine they'll be invited for this one.

I haven't read the last few issues of Darth Vader yet, but I'm looking forward to this series. I dig her character and think there are lots of possibilities, especially if they let her have her own stories without much interaction with Vader, Luke, Leia, and Han.

JSC would be perfect for her! Actually all those you mentioned would be. Good list, I'd also add Adi Granov to the list, he nailed it on the Darth Vader covers.

There's definitely a lot of possibilities and she has a much larger story to tell. I can't wait to see her tie in more with the larger Star Wars mythos. Perhaps a animated or motion picture appearance in the future? can you imagine if she had a cameo in Rogue One?

I'm sure they'll do an action figure variant but it'll be tricky since she just had one for DV25

In case anyone missed it, there was an Aphra action figure variant done for Darth Vader #25:

Darth_Vader_25_Christopher_Action_Figure_Variant.jpg

Looks like I've been sleeping on this one. When did it heat up? Wasn't that long ago I checked on the Larocca variant and it could be had for under $30. Now it's fetching up to $100.

After the writer tweeted a hint during Nycc, I posted about it in the venompool debate thread

Looks like I've been sleeping on this one. When did it heat up? Wasn't that long ago I checked on the Larocca variant and it could be had for under $30. Now it's fetching up to $100.

They were hot for a while then cooled off. It wasnt until fairly recently and rumors started going around about this new 'Classified' book that it started to heat up again

I'm considering selling now with the hype but at the same time a hold isn't a terrible idea either because if the rumour about Luke and her hooking up comes to fruition and it's Rey's mom it could get and even bigger boost.

Darth Vader jettisoned her out of an airlock in Darth Vader #25. Not sure how she survived that to hook up with Luke.

Unbelievable that Marvel couldn't even let the death go for a while before announcing she somehow tricked Vader and survived. Darth Vader #25 came out on Wednesday and Marvel spills the beans on Thursday. Unbelievable!

Darth Vader jettisoned her out of an airlock in Darth Vader #25. Not sure how she survived that to hook up with Luke.

Unbelievable that Marvel couldn't even let the death go for a while before announcing she somehow tricked Vader and survived. Darth Vader #25 came out on Wednesday and Marvel spills the beans on Thursday. Unbelievable!

Welcome to the modern world of ADHD comics, where HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

I can totally see her appearing on the Rebels TV show at some point. That wouldn't increase her first appearance value the way a spot in the movie would, but still might be worth holding on to just in case.

This is my thinking as well