• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Accountant" Comic collection

8 posts in this topic

This was one of those nice easter egg comedic moments.

U see it at the end of the asset sequence begining first as she opens one drawer of valuable assets after another starting with stacks of cash, progressing to gold bulion, then in the last drawer u see AC#1 in a frigging limp poly bag and board. What, no slab? At least put that puppy in a mylites2 with full back. Then as he's packing a go-bag with passports and whatever else he needs to start a new identity, u see him pull it out and callously stuff the AC#1 into his gym style go-bag bending it a little. doh!

Now who could guess the grade on that puppy before he stuffed it in? I'm guessing it had resto why it wasn't slabbed. That or it was con season and cgc TATs would have taken too long to return it before his next anticipated identity burnout.

Just saw the movie on DVD. It was preposterous but entertaining. The Action Comics scene really caught my eye, and I was sure there had to be threads here about it (and there are at least 3 from when the movie was in theaters). As others have pointed out, the Action Comics #1 is ungraded and in a lame sleeve that barely has a backing or anything. He stuffs it in his duffel bag, then later tosses a couple of handguns on top of it. I guess this "accountant" doesn't care about losing hundreds of thousands of dollars from damaging a high-grade investment!

Looks like he also has a More Fun Comics #52 (Feb. 1940, featuring The Spectre) and an All-American Comics #16 (July 1940, first Green Lantern). Plus a bunch of vintage baseball cards I'd probably recognize if I knew anything about baseball cards.

account1.jpg

account2.jpg

account3.jpg

Edited by Doohickamabob