• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackhawk #133 CGC 8.0 Sold for 3,000 !!!

23 posts in this topic

So I know this book is rare & hard to find in high grades. Do you guys know if that's the going price for a copy in this grade? cause I own a raw copy & might send it off to CGC if prices like these keeps selling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACKHAWK-133-FIRST-LADY-BLACK-CGC-8-0-RARE-IN-CONDITION-2ND-HIGHEST-GRADED-/152280177064?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=dTlElMqmhxIxWrwvnnu2cY18ZWQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Is it the "going price" for an 8.0? Only time will tell but there have been a half dozen or so very strong sales this year in low grades.

Do not see this sale on GPA yet which is weird.

I've liked this book for many years, being a 1959 DC war key that pre-dates Rock, Gunner & Sarge, Marie, Easy Co., the Haunted Tank, the Losers - all of them.

It's in GPA now, lists $2550 as the sale price.

Your statement may be a stretch. For starters, there were a couple other "lady Blackhawks" before Zinda in one-shot stories. Hillman's Valkyrie also comes to mind, although she wasn't exactly a hero.

Is it the "going price" for an 8.0? Only time will tell but there have been a half dozen or so very strong sales this year in low grades.

I've liked this book for many years, being a 1959 DC war key that pre-dates Rock, Gunner & Sarge, Marie, Easy Co., the Haunted Tank, the Losers - all of them.

Blackhawk is not considered to be a "war" book in the same way that those other series are "war" books. Whenever DC war comics are discussed, Blackhawk is never at the table. I always considered Blackhawk in the same vein as Sgt Fury. A superhero comic disguised as a war comic

So I know this book is rare & hard to find in high grades. Do you guys know if that's the going price for a copy in this grade? cause I own a raw copy & might send it off to CGC if prices like these keeps selling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACKHAWK-133-FIRST-LADY-BLACK-CGC-8-0-RARE-IN-CONDITION-2ND-HIGHEST-GRADED-/152280177064?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=dTlElMqmhxIxWrwvnnu2cY18ZWQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I don't think there is a going price for this book. There likely aren't that many around in that grade or higher. Additionally, that doesn't really look like an 8.0. I know the picture is fuzzy but as presented, it's a pretty crappy looking 8.0

Definitely been a strong book in all grades of late. I've had my eye out for a bargain copy for quite a while now, and even the low graders would skyrocket in auction. I finally found a good copy on the cheap, but they're hard to find. I am a bit surprised at the 8.0 sale price, but I'm not complaining :)

59_8050664_0_BlackhawkVol1_133TheHumanDynamo.png

Definitely been a strong book in all grades of late. I've had my eye out for a bargain copy for quite a while now, and even the low graders would skyrocket in auction. I finally found a good copy on the cheap, but they're hard to find. I am a bit surprised at the 8.0 sale price, but I'm not complaining :)

59_8050664_0_BlackhawkVol1_133TheHumanDynamo.png

Nice copy ! :takeit:

Maybe she has a cameo in the WW movie? Or Legends TV series?

The initial hype on this book started about a year ago, it has been hoing up sales wise since then.

First it was she was rumored as a Legends character and then for possible use in the Harley Quinn movie.

3K sounds solid, last I looked there were no other recent dales in GPA.

I do remember that Tony Starks sold a CBCS 3.0 at a $450 BIN on eBay, maybe half a year ago.

it would be easy to have a Legends WW2 episode where Lady Blackhawk appears... and probably have an affair with the Canary too! They seem to like using obscure DC characters in time travel stories, like Jonah Hex last year.

Maybe she will tie in with the Justice Society, in some way.

no matter what nice to see Blackhawk get some interest!

Blackhawk is not considered to be a "war" book in the same way that those other series are "war" books. Whenever DC war comics are discussed, Blackhawk is never at the table. I always considered Blackhawk in the same vein as Sgt Fury. A superhero comic disguised as a war comic

I think her connection to Birds of Prey and current DC continuity probably helps more than whether it's a war book