• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For those who speculate in brand new comics...

66 posts in this topic

To be honest I remember seeing Larrys at Wizard World and he had some great deals on comics. However, the dude was straight up mean to anybody who asked any question. Whether it was a good or bad question. Not sure who it was...but the deals where awesome!

the dude was straight up mean

Curious.

Mean, how?

Anybody else treated poorly by us at shows this year?

( feedback from shows is usually pretty positive )

Yes! You glare at me all the time when I walk by!

:cry:

Ohhh, I'm not alone there...

To be honest I remember seeing Larrys at Wizard World and he had some great deals on comics. However, the dude was straight up mean to anybody who asked any question. Whether it was a good or bad question. Not sure who it was...but the deals where awesome!

Curious.

Mean, how?

That's true. People find it impossible to take their eyes off me...

:luhv:

(cue "sure, it's hard to look away from a train wreck" response)

:acclaim:

Curious.

Mean, how?

That's true. People find it impossible to take their eyes off me...

:luhv:

(cue "sure, it's hard to look away from a train wreck" response)

:acclaim:

I was going to say you're handsome as the day is long...

Pages released by Marvel (notice they are scans without dialogue

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/10/26/marvel-preview-gives-new-look-at-venom-1/6

this was sent to me on Tuesday, its a screen cap of a post you made in your speculation group.

pnqifq7gnm3271oa5etfs6ae9o10qij12_zpssdmvic9v.png

So you didn't leak the new Venom character and didn't release pages of a Marvel comic a month before release?

hm hm hm

I "speculated" who the new Venom character is?

Cool for me to guess?

lol I'm sure thats how Marvel will look at it.

Give it your best effort, let's revisit in a few weeks & see how this works out for you, Alex.

Eh?

if its no big deal why did you delete all of your comments with this image?

#larryscared

Subscribers are the backbone of the comic business. Most of ours did not get previews, and they shopped by browsing new releases, or talking to retailers about new books. If they can't see the new #1, they won't be reading the series.

This, this, a thousand times, this.

If it's not on the shelf, they won't buy it. Few readers are going to wait around for a second, third, fourth print, and, frankly, it's not fair for them to have to.

This.

I'm not on the 'other' side of this discussion as this comment may suggest... but in this day and age, with the internet being what it is, it boggles my mind to read that the majority of pull list holders (even at a particular location) aren't on top of what's coming down the pike.

I find it difficult to believe.

the pull list customers probably know fairly well what's coming up. I imagine things like Black Eyed Kids might miss their radar until after it's shipped, but any big publisher stuff they'd add to the list.

But a ton of LCS shoppers don't have a pull list, don't read previews, and aren't on these forums. They just kind of walk in on Wednesday, or Friday after everything hot is long gone.

I had trouble getting #1 issues from Image a few years back because I had to work Wednesdays and some local flippers would clean the isles every new comic book day. Why not add it to the pull list? I would. The shops policy was to stock the shelves first, the pull boxes last, with whatever was left.

So then I switched from the LCS to HeavyInk and they did the same thing to me twice with hot books that I had to get on eBay and buy for $25 even though I had preordered them. At that point I said screw it and stopped buying floppies completely. Now I trade wait

That sucks, my LCS takes care of subscribers/pull lists first and then goes to the shelves.