• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone posted pictures of the OA at Metropolis?

19 posts in this topic

I mentioned online that I was going to stop by one day with the wife and kids on the way back from MoMA and Vinnie gave us a guided tour, including his office. I knew what was what and was suitably impressed but the family was equally blown away. I did not expect that. My wife still talks about seeing a great Watchmen page up close.

Vinnie was top notch that day and I left very impressed. The art seems to be in great hands.

Likely an acetate overlay with the masthead, logos, callouts, etc pasted on the overlay. I've seen a few pieces done this way. I think this is a personal preference thing, and from a conservation standpoint suitably reconciles concerns of otherwise pasting reproduction parts on the original to achieve an aesthetic look and feel similar to the final produced cover.