• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS (3/22/19)
2 2

292 posts in this topic

Since I haven't thrown in my 2c yet:

First trailer looked 'meh'.

Second trailer killed it.

love the 2014 Godzilla film. It's too bad that my dad didn't see it in theaters, because it's a whole different experience with the SFX. I am really looking forward to this, despite the overplayed 'Earth is dying' theme in recent movies.

Growing up I had a 13 inch black and whte TV in my room where I loved staying in bed Saturday mornings and watching the monster movies on the UHF channels.

I lived for those old Godzilla movies.   Several years ago I saw an episode of Mystery Science Theater where they parodied the one with the Ultraman looking robot who grew to Godzilla size (Jet Jaguar or something like that) - just frickin' hilarious.

The movie trailer showing all the monsters was awesome.  Hopefully I can get my wife to go see it as she suddenly showed an interest when she saw the girl from Stranger Things was in it.

Supposedly this will have more appearance time by Godzilla compared to the 9:56 minutes in the 2014 film. Though it won't be excessive to the point he is over-exposed.

A fan of all the films did detailed analysis on all the Godzilla appearances. He also color-coded the films by era. Where Godzilla: King of the Monsters lands is TBD.

Godzilla Updated Charts: Screen Time, First Appearance, Attendance

godzilla_screen_time02.PNG.45cd4085e960fe766d8649b51044e458.PNG

godzilla_screen_time.thumb.PNG.603a1845b303113d4b8ce3798ab95e60.PNG