• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA: KING OF MONSTERS (3/22/19)
2 2

292 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

They did my boy Megalon dirty - totally illegal non-regulation moves as dictated by the kaiju commission! He was robbed!

It's all fake anyway. Here they are posing for a group cast shot after shooting. They probably all went out for beer and saki later.

godzilla meg jag.jpg

Universal Studios Shares Godzilla vs Evangelion Teaser

Before Godzilla fights Kong next year, the titanic kaiju will have to face the forces of Nerv in the crossover event brought to life at Universal Studios Japan this summer: Shin Godzilla Vs Neon Genesis Evangelion. As part of the "Universal Cool Japan" promotion which features a handful of popular anime properties, a 4-D attraction featuring the two properties squaring off will run starting now to the end of August 2019. To stoke the fires of anticipation, Universal Studios has released a new teaser trailer showing story beats from the epic clash.

The "Godzilla Versus Evangelion The Real 4-D" shows off the latest interpretation of Japan's Godzilla, "Shin", emerging from the watery depths and wandering right into the city that houses Nerv's base underground. With the three "EVA Units" deployed, the trailer shows off the fights between the organic mech suits and the colossal lizard king. Whether Ikari, Rei, and Asuka will be up to the challenge of taking on the epic beast will be revealed in this 4-D attraction.

evazilla-1173392.jpeg

Whether this ride will lead to any future crossovers between Nerv and the kaiju is yet to be seen but at least we'll get some cool merchandise out of the deal!

13 hours ago, wombat said:

Saw it today. I liked it. Big monsters and big fights. Exactly what I was expecting. Looking forward to the next one. 

Were the 2 end credit clips worth staying for? ;)

Saw it last night and it definetely had a Pacific Rim feel to it.  I liked the battle scenes but the character development was terrible.  The girl fromStranger Things was so bland but overall I thought it was ok as a big monster battle movie.  Definetely would not pay to see it again.

I love it seen it twice already and planning to see again this week. the movie felt like an old Godzilla movie just with a bigger budget I never expect an Oscar type writing when it comes to these movies. it was a better story than the last Pacific Rim movie the only weakness it had was the human side of the story. now I can't wait to see where it goes with Godzilla vs Kong and hoping we get more information and maybe a teaser at SDCC. 

..Have tix for a 4:50 show today :headbang:. Will report back here to night (after dinner and drinks after the movie :smile: )

Will be spoiler free, but i will be honest if i happen to not like it....

but obviously i'm hoping for that not to be the case....

6 hours ago, paperheart said:

$50MM WW below initial projections.  Feng w/ an ugly tweet: Godzilla 2 almost flop in every market outside few like China...$400M worldwide is not safe.

Really disappointing results as Godzilla 2014 opened 93 million and King Kong Skull Island opened at 68 million.

Well

Really liked it, didn't Love it..

Monsters did not disappoint! Battles are fantastic, monster scale is huge.

Lots of Easter Eggs (fan service) that long time Godzilla fans will love! (Once this has been in release for a while longer i will revisit that in detail)- And BRAVO on that front!

Rodan steals the show for me.

What didn't i like/love?: Human element. TOO MUCH HUMAN SCREENTIME, and their story lines I couldn't give two :censored: about.

And even with the additional screentime the monsters got this time around, i still felt this could've used even more monster scenes.

Would i see it again? In a heartbeat!

Ultimate score (pending rewatch): B-

9 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am debating to see this or Rocketman this Thursday.

Anybody have a suggestion?

I am going with my lady.

I saw Godzilla at a Saturday  morning matinee and my wife and I caught Rocket man later that evening.   Rocket man was very entertaining, certainly a better film from beginning to end

11 minutes ago, csaag said:

I saw Godzilla at a Saturday  morning matinee and my wife and I caught Rocket man later that evening.   Rocket man was very entertaining, certainly a better film from beginning to end

But who would win in a street fight?

:popcorn: